Manager- Technical Project Engineering
Technical Project Engineer
Location: Vadodara, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Engineering BOP (Balance of Plant):
Review contract and seek clarifications, develop engineering concepts and schemes, seek approval from group head, prepare engineering drawings & documents (P&IDs, layouts and technical specification of equipments) system houses, ensure correctness of documentation in line with guidelines and customer specifications, interface with customers / consultants for technical discussions & approvals, report progress ( including risks )
• Plan and review BOP engineering activities.
• Provide support to PM on technical issues, support in cost control and interact with vendors and supply chain personnel for freezing the specifications and technical requirements (pre order and post order) in order to meet the customer contract requirements and keep project within cost.
• Establish process/equipment documentation including specification for performance testing, work instructions and inspection and test requirements.
• Standardize the specifications and purchase requirements/engineering of equipments/activities in order to achieve reduction in engineers hours and/or better costs
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Engineering Graduate (Mechanical) with 8 to 10 years of experience in handling plant engineering activities of thermal power plant projects.
• Conversant with latest Codes and Standards API, HEI, TEMA, ASME etc.
• Experience of execution of projects with oil & gas customers will be an added advantage.
• Well versed with AutoCAD and Microsoft office. Experience in 3D modeling software shall be added advantage
• Prior experience in Combine cycle/ Coal based power plant Design.
• Knowledge of HRSG, Steam & Water cycle or Cooling Water cycle
• Knowledge of Thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics and Heat and mass transfer.
• Site experience during erection and commissioning and troubleshooting shall be added advantage
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 100052
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time