Manager of Governmental Affairs 80-100 %
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens is a global technology group with approximately 350,000 employees in some 200 countries. Our ideas and innovations in the fields of electrification, automation and digitisation are changing all our lives in a sustainable way. From energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies to infrastructure and industrial solutions to medical technology – we are committed to a better future. This is why we are constantly looking for dedicated and talented individuals, who want to turn today's challenges into tomorrow's successes.
Siemens Switzerland is one of the biggest employers in the country. Create the future together with approximately 5’300 colleagues and help us to make the world a little better every day with innovative technology.
Our Government Affairs position continuously monitors political developments and follows up on business and regulatory opportunities in relevant political and societal arenas. Legal and social framework conditions relevant for our served and future markets in Switzerland are to be strategically monitored and followed through specific actions targeted towards national and international organizations, associations, agencies, etc. either governmental or non-governmental, which affect the development of our Markets.
Your new responsibilities
- The objective is to identify governmental and association opportunities according to our business and innovation strategy (Digitalization, Buildings, Energy, Mobility) in the Swiss environment early on
- Towards this end, it is your mission to engage in and strengthen government and association relations proactively
- In this role you will work closely with CEO, CFO, BE and local Leadership team and corporate units to identify top business priorities to be reflected in the governmental and regulatory framework
- In this context, you contribute Swiss insights to associations and political decision-making levels
- The role establishes and maintains our defined position on respective topics (Business and Society) and demonstrates leadership on these topics towards Swiss or local Government and within the respective organizations.
- Your ownership includes that you continuously add to and improve our advocacy and outreach instruments and support colleagues with expertise towards the government affairs network, including an active dialogue both internally and externally on effectiveness of instruments
Your skills and experience
- You have an excellent higher education (university/Fachhochschule) in business administration, engineering, and /or law in a related field of expertise
- Experience in the field of high-tech and/or governmental relations are a must
- As an expert you have at least 5 years’ experience in the business field digitalization or buildings or energy business arena with a profound expertise in the respective Swiss legal and social environment. An asset would be your experience in a strategic function
- Following attributes describe you: Profound understanding of political and regulations arenas, strong business background, passion to accomplish missions
- The chosen candidate has strong advocacy skills to maximize value for Siemens in multi-stakeholder environments and possess the ability to align internal and external interests to form joint projects across many internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent German, French and English essential, Italian is desirable
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. As such, we can only accept your application via our application platform (using the «Application» button). Please be aware that applications sent by e-mail will not be answered and will simply be deleted. Should you have any questions about this job offer, please contact email@example.com mentioning the job ID in your e-mail. We look forward to receiving your full application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 100078
Organisation: Legal and Compliance
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either