The Siemens Power Generation Services Division
offers a broad spectrum of innovative products and services, to enable our
customers within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing
industries to achieve high reliability and optimal performance of their
rotating power equipment.
In addition to our conventional services we offer Digital Services that enable customers to create new business models and manage their risk, improve their performance and ultimately increase their profitability.
About the role
Grip Title: Service Engineer
External Job Tile: C&I Field Service Engineer Industrial Turbines/ Compressors
Completes technical-oriented service tasks of various scopes and supports in planning and managing these tasks.
- Engineering, commissioning, servicing and maintaining the instrumentation and controls equipment of industrial turbines (gas turbines, steam turbines) and compressors.
- Planning the required engineering, installation, and commissioning activities.
- Preparation of reports and documentation of the results.
- Analysing the system behaviour and the interaction of single elements.
- Administration of technical DCS components (e.g. servers, networks)
- Executes the hand-over to the customer personnel and their briefing.
- Process engineering optimizations of disciplines (e.g. settings, logic checks).
- Contributing as a test engineer to admittances, routine and type tests.
- Partnering with mechanical service engineers during equipment outages
- Emergency support in case of equipment break-downs
- Supports customer remotely and onsite and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- Plant audits, reporting & recommendations for specific turbine and compressor automation installations
- Fault finding on automation, application, functional, communication and HMI levels.
- Performing the lead process control engineering and service role on small to large multi-disciplinary rotating equipment’s and Control systems.
- Contributes to or executes activities for estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition, negotiation, planning and management
What do I need to qualify?
- National Diploma / Degree in Electrical Engineering or Process Instrumentation with strong preference given to Control System Engineering.
- 3 - 8 years experience as a Commissioning Engineer/ Field Service Engineer on industrial turbines (gas turbines, steam turbines) and / or compressors
- Process know-how of rotating equipment in industrial applications Knowledge of automation of industrial rotating equipment, such as turbines and compressors, and preferably some years of experience within the operation, maintenance, engineering of such plants.
- Siemens product exposure and experience would be an added advantage (e.g. PCS7, WIN CC, Step7)
- Working knowledge of a variety of different OEM automation subsystems, including PCS7, WinCC and Step7 or equivalent Non-Siemens PLC systems like CCC, Woodward, Rockwell, Honeywell etc.
- Advance knowledge on one of these tools with ability to modify or fine tune the process and controls.
Job ID: 100087
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time