Computational Engg. Tools developer
Computational Engineering - Tools developer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Research & Development
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Software Developer for Computational Engineering Tools in Windows OS, positioned at Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Our group ‘Common Technical Tools’ (CTT) placed within the Research & Development division of Siemens Gas & Power is responsible for development of computational software tools that are used by internal product design engineers. This role will include all stages of the software development life cycle from requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation up to deployment and interaction with end user community. Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
This position involves:
- - Development of cutting edge computational engineering tools and technologies used in the engineering design of world class power generation components
- - Development of design tools that are used to design key components of gas turbines
- - involves collaboration and communication with design engineers in R&D, engineers throughout the Siemens engineering community, senior management, external technical partners, as well as universities spread across US, Europe, India, China, Russia, and more
- - May involve international travel
- - Numerous opportunities for career growth within our global engineering community
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
Required Previous Experience:
- 5+ years of computing tool development in Mechanical Design.
- / .net programming
- Competent in OpenGL (OpenTK), LINQ, WPF
- Mathematical background (Numerical methods, Linear and non Linear problems)
- Experience in using Git as code development collaboration platform
- Basic understanding of physical problems and thermodynamics processes
- Experience in developing applications for Operating systems MS Windows
- Business fluent in English
Additional Preferred Experience:
• Development of software tools for engineering design applications which include flow, thermal and / or thermodynamics.
• Additional computer languages (e.g. Python, Java, FORTRAN, C/C++)
• Experience of Agile working methods in close cooperation with customers
• Software Development Process knowledge
• Strong Customer focus. Ability to analyze customer ways of working and understand what is important and how to satisfy the customer needs in tools produced.
• Good communication skills – both verbal and written
• A good team player
• Quality mindset
• Innovative and solution focused
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage software development projects to satisfy technical, budget, and schedule requirements
• Fast and lean approach
• Intercultural experience
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 100104
Organization: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time