Application Support Engineer
The Application Support Engineer will be part of a team providing Product Support for our factory-scheduling software solutions and our wider software community. Although the role involves the use and understanding of our software, candidates should possess a good understanding of Microsoft Windows systems and process troubleshooting. Although not essential to possess qualifications, typically the person will have achieved industry relevant accreditations. The person should collaborate well in a team environment, be sensitive to clients’ needs, and able develop effective client relationships. They should also have proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Provide general and technical support to clients in a manner complimentary to the company, via telephone and email.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Investigate, diagnose and solve first line application problems using effective troubleshooting and fault analysis skills and escalate accordingly.
- Effectively communicate software problems to product development.
- Provide technical guidance to customers in the application of system procedures, design techniques and data exchange related to our factory-scheduling software.
Candidate must be proficient in:
- Communication - including email and telephone
- Microsoft operating systems
- Organizational and time management
- Problem solving
- Working independently and within a team
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Customer service (three years experience)
- Basic programming skills and knowledge of .NET
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Working experience in Technical Support
- Some experience in VB.NET, C#, OData, HTML, AWS or Java
- IT infrastructure analysis and troubleshooting skills (hardware, network, virtualization)
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 100105
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time