Senior Developer (Java/ESB)
help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills
and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our IT team as a Senior Developer,
focusing on Mulesoft ESB and help us create the technology that will transform
entire industries, cities and even countries.
This brand-new position and is central to the IT strategy of our Managed Services business, which is the heart of Smart Metering. You will have unparalleled autonomy and the opportunity to stamp your own vision of best practice on the running service and it is an incredibly varied role where you will be integrating existing applications, enabling new and innovative composures of existing services, and sometimes green-field development, as well as developing the technical systems behind new service offerings.
We think it would be a great fit for experienced Mule Architects with a history of development and quality and also Mule Developers looking to really hone and develop their skills to the maximum. We are a flexible employer and depending upon your location there is the availability to work a mixture in the office in Nottingham and also from home.
You, as our Senior Developer, you will have the
opportunity to demonstrate your skills, whether that be in core Java
technologies, CI/CD, Cloud, Microservices, Web Apps or showing your mentoring
and leadership skills, all while designing and building great APIs in a fast paced
and supportive environment. Our Mule application suite is varied, and Siemens
has invested significantly in its integration architecture, and Mule is a key
part of that strategy as the organisation itself moves to become more global,
encompassing new technologies – with IoT and Analytics becoming more prevalent.
What part will you play?
- Lead best practice for the ESB development technical stream and be a primary contributor to projects utilising ESB technologies
- Provide oversight and guidance to less senior colleagues regarding ESB (Mulesoft) technologies, including mentoring and support
- Perform ESB-related development tasks and lead complex ESB administration configuration efforts.
- Perform complex development activities within; ESB Mulesoft (3.6 - 3.9) including API Gateway, CloudHub, Java, ORACLE PL/SQL and Web Service Integration
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You will have experience of Integration and have great knowledge of building complex enterprise applications within Mulesoft
- Great coding skills in Java, Oracle and PL/SQL
- You will be an expert in RESTful and XML based web services, API technologies and API management
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including; coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing (including an appreciation of capacity and performance modelling) and operations
- You will be able to motivate and manage junior team members to deliver
- Any exposure to Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Test Automation / Continuous Integration would be highly beneficial.
- Ability to further refine and develop the CI strategy (based upon Jenkins) would be fantastic.
Make you mark in our exciting world at Siemens
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognises that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 100175
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either