Technical Support Engineer (Mechanical)
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
• Provide 1st line technical support solutions for our gas turbine product range in Central and Western Europe for both short term and longer term operational issues, working with a variety of teams across the business
• Compile Technical and Safety Documentation for planned and un-planned maintenance
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers
• Take ownership of customer technical issues
• Interface with the customer to present updates on technical issues
• Analyse and interpret unit performance data, including high speed data logs and provide technical recommendations.
• The role is predominately office based, with occasional travel to other Siemens and customer sites worldwide
• A degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
• Knowledge of relevant product hardware, operation and overhaul
• Strong communication and reporting skills
• Experience of working with diverse teams
• High level of customer understanding and customer focus
Turbine businesses are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture
and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power
generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps
growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
This role forms part of the Power Services division and is the world’s leading supplier of services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises of highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables products, , power transmission and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. If you are appointed in to this role you will receive Siemens PLC terms, conditions and benefits.
Job ID: 100181
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time