We’re looking for an intern to join Siemens Mobility Limited, working from our large Chippenham site in Wiltshire, to be an essential support to the entire business and team. You’ll work on exciting projects that will build your communications and business skills and be given the flexibility and autonomy to develop your thinking. If you have a passion for digital communications, attention to detail and being a key part of a great team to help shape communications in a changing organisation, this is a fantastic opportunity.
You’ll be trained in a range of disciplines to provide the foundation support to the function’s activities, as well as manage projects and communications channels of your own in your specialism. You will be based in Chippenham, however some UK travel will be required throughout your internship to support our businesses across the country.
You’ll receive a competitive internship salary, 26 days paid holiday and you will be assigned a communications mentor to help you through your development/placement. You will also be a part of our vibrant entry level talent community, and you’ll have access to our range of rewards and perks and be provided with all the technology you’d expect to have at your disposal as a communicator.
- Supporting the delivery of communications activities following agreement of key messages
- Creating and delivering projects and plans within activity timelines, key performance indicators (KPI's) and budget
- Ensuring all communications are on brand and adhere to our guidelines and best practice
- Supporting with internal and external event execution and logistics
- Supporting social media plans across a range of platforms
- Assisting with support and training for key influencers in using social media, especially the internal enterprise social network, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Proactively responding to ad hoc communications support requests through our internal and external platforms
- Managing relationships with our agencies and suppliers as a reliable point of contact
- Budget and finance administration for the areas under your remit
- Writing across a range of media and channels for a variety of audiences including internal and external articles, web content, blogs, social media, speeches etc.
- Attending and contributing to regular editorial and team meetings, including online and face-to-face meetings
- Challenging, questioning and suggesting process improvements
- Working with our stakeholders to understand the personas of our target audience groups, what they would search for on the web and defining and measuring appropriate conversions from site visits.
- Identifying and uploading images, videos and other web assets to our Digital Asset Management platform with supporting licensing documentation.
- Maintaining, reviewing and testing web content
- Supporting events with event websites and email campaigns using marketing automation and social media
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the external digital communications channels and campaigns using tools such as Adobe Analytics, Hootsuite and Brandwatch.
- Implementing internal communication engagement plans, strategies and tactics
- Developing a deep knowledge of how to use and maximise all the main internal communications channels and be a point of contact / troubleshooting for the rest of the team
- Supporting our media relations and public relations teams with external-facing thought leadership campaigns and social media planning
- Being able to support with proactive and reactive content across a range of channels and topics
- Supporting crisis management situations if required
- Supporting our partner charities (Mind, Greenpower, Teach First and Wildlife Trust) with at least two paid volunteering days in your 12 months
- You will be studying towards or have graduated with a 2:2 or above in a business-related subject, e.g. Business Information Management, Corporate Communications, English, E-Commerce, Media, Journalism and PR or have a keen interest and some experience in communication channels / writing
- You will have excellent English writing and communication skills
- You will have excellent organisational skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- You will have good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You will possess a practical understanding of the main social media channels and their use in a business context
- You will be proactive, keen and a self-starter.
- You will be able to manage your own time and workload
- You will be open to learning new IT tools and content management systems - full training will be provided
- Experience with a graphics package, such as Photoshop Elements is desirable
- Familiarity with html, xml, video and image formats is desirable
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Job ID: 100273
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time