Lead Research Engineer - Decentralized and Intelligent Systems Design
Would you be intrigued by an opportunity to explore interesting and unusual ways to exercise your deep skills in computer science, especially for application to decentralized, intelligent systems and autonomous systems? Are you also passionate about autonomic software and applications of AI to software engineering and design? Join our research group to explore how to apply these technologies and knowledge to new era of Digitalization, Internet of Things, Blockchain Applications, Industry 4.0 and Smart Infrastructure.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of cutting edge and emerging computing architectures and your solid knowledge/experience in software engineering. Apply your skills to optimize and accelerate adoption of autonomous and intelligent systems. Research new technologies and ideas in decentralized software architectures.
Here is your role. What part will you play?
1. You will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
- Demonstrate passion for deep understanding in state-of-the-art and emerging technologies in area of decentralized and autonomous systems development.
- Have good understanding of technologies including hardware architectures for parallel and distributed computing.
- Apply your specialized knowhow to empower software applications with maximum reliability and performance.
- Effectively execute projects from comprehensively analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions to develop highly reliable and performant decentralized and distributed systems from concept to realization, targeted to deliver solutions to Siemens business problems globally.
- Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world. Create the future through intellectual property such as patents and publications in prestigious conferences and journals.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
o Ph.D. Or M tech in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 2 – 7 years
o Keen interest and solid skill in decentralized and distributed computing and one or more AI technologies such as deep learning or data analytics, additional skills in decentralized ledger technologies like blockchains with a good understanding of software engineering methodologies.
- You specifically have the following skills to make a difference to this role:
- In-depth understanding of two or more of these technologies:
· Blockchain technologies: Ethereum, Hyperledger, Big Chain DB
· IoT technology stacks and protocols including edge technologies
· AI technologies with applications to distributed systems
- Good working experience and strong understanding of cloud computing and cloud native development methods like microservices architectures and associated patterns. Knowledge of modern DevOps methods and tooling.
- A good understanding of distributed and P2P algorithms including graph algorithms, non-blocking data structures, leader election, fault tolerant consensus.
our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination to help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: website and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 100330
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time