Research Engineer-Solution Architect
Would you be intrigued by an opportunity to explore interesting and unusual ways to exercise your deep skills in software process automation and DevOps? Are you also passionate about applying DevOps and AI Ops practices to industrial software and systems? Join our research group to explore how to apply both these areas large scale industrial cyber-physical systems development.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of cutting edge and emerging DevOps and AI Ops practices and tools and your solid knowledge/experience in software build, configuration and release engineering. Apply your skills to optimize and accelerate DevOps processes and CI/CD pipelines by leveraging latest tools and technologies and even artificial intelligence techniques.
We make real what matters.
You will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:· Research and develop AI Ops methods that integrate into DevOps processes and enable AI Ops adoption in industrial software and systems development.
· Improvement of automation degree in integration, deployment, monitoring and configuration management aspects of the developed solutions and the development infrastructure that target multiple cloud and hybrid environments.
· Responsible from prototyping and setting up AIOps/DevOps environment for design, development and execution of complex test scenarios.
· Recommend metrics and monitoring systems to provide the best performance, scalability and stability of the DevOps pipelines.
· Design, document, automate and help implement DevOps processes (build, release, cloud deployment, version control, branching, and merging etc.).
· Recommend Improvement of existing Continuous Integration (CI/CD) pipeline and acceptance test environments.
· Develop repeatable & reusable patterns & Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices & pipelines.
· Define DevOps best practices by conducting DevOps assessment, adaptation and transformation, developing DevOps roadmap, tool selection, establishing DevOps culture (change management).
· Communicate, coordinate and integrate the DevOps activities of local project teams with the global R&D network of Siemens.
· Act as a local DevOps-Interface to global Siemens R&D Network.
· Establish and cultivate the DevOps culture internally within the development team.
· Demonstrate passion for writing high quality, clean and modular code.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
· Keen interest and proven skills in software configuration management, DevOps and development of IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
Bachelor/Master (B. Tech/B. E/M. Tech) in Computer Science (or related fields)
Demonstrated relevant work experience of 3 – 10 years.
· Hands on experience OO Development & Scripting and/or Languages: Python, Perl, Shell, Ruby, C#, Java etc.
· Strong knowledge in software build, integration, deployment, release and code analysis tools; Eclipse, Ant, Jenkins, Gradle, SonarQube is a must.
· Skilled with tools and technologies required for defining and creating DevOps pipelines:o Continuous Integration (CI): Jenkins, Bamboo.
o Source Code Management (SCM): Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab
o Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
o Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
o Operating System: Linux, Windows, Unix, Solaris
o IaC tools: Terraform, CloudFormation Templates
o Knowledge of AWS/Google Cloud/OpenStack/Azure
o Monitoring/Performance tools: ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana),
Domain expertise that could be a further plus:
- Expertise in at least one of the domains such as IoT Platforms Development, Industrial Automation, Autonomous Driving, Additive Manufacturing will be a big plus.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India website and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 100331
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time