Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services..
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company.
- Establish a working partnership and a positive relationship with suppliers.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet external customer requirements and the requirements of our internal customers. Ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased material and services.
- Evaluates supplier performance and work with suppliers on continuous improvement effort.
- Supports cost estimating, product development team and project management during the estimating, bid proposal and order processing stages.
- Manage supplier performance of 95% or better.
- Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects.
- Process non conformance’s and scrap material timely and efficiently.
- Act as a back up to other buyers when required.
- Required to interact with coworkers and all other departments in a professional manner.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years’ experience in procurement within a manufacturing environment.
- Customer service oriented
- Effective written and oral communication within all levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong knowledge of procurement fundamentals including solicitation of bids with effective negotiation skills.
- Effective teamwork and collaboration within a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility and understand the sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- APICS certification is desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 100366
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time