Project Engineer (Centrifugal Compressors) - Entry Level
Project Engineer – Centrifugal Compressors
Location: Pune, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As part of the Gas Turbine Engineering project management office, the candidate is expected to provide global project management for planning, execution and monitoring of R&D projects/programs.
- Review all contract specifications and ensure requirements are communicated, understood, and incorporated by other engineering/manufacturing disciplines and appropriate sub-vendors.
- Develop and maintain applicable technical specifications (templates) for associated drive train equipment (as assigned).
- Coordinate all interfaces between Engineering Departments / Customer and Engineering Departments / Vendor(s).
- Effectively monitor data/drafting schedules and communicate any potential impact to cost, cash flow or delivery to Project Managers or Senior Project Engineers.
- Assist in preparation of engineering presentation for contract coordination meetings, including specifications, discussion of requirements, scope of equipment supply, equipment arrangement, options offered, and drawing/documentation schedules.
- Prepare timely drive train and selected ancillaries equipment technical purchase specifications for major buyouts, and assist Purchasing in vendor selection, if required.
- Assist Senior Engineers/Managers in completing Project Engineering activities like Job file Creation, ITP preparation, Data sheets, Performance curves, Alignment charts etc.
- Review major buyout vendor drawings for compliance with contract requirements. Approve as applicable and return to vendor in accordance with schedule.
- Manage internal engineering progress and vendor progress by timely revisions to Job File, Contract Check, devadds and Purchase Technical Specifications.
- Assist Manufacturing on technical questions (as required).
- Assist Region Sales in marketing effort on an assigned basis.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with focus on Turbomachinery/Fluid power Engineering/Thermal Engineering etc.
- Approximately 2 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry with background of Centrifugal Compressors
· Skilled in MS Office tools (like Excel, power point etc.)
- Good knowledge of English and requires the ability to communicate effectively.
· Initiative, learning aptitude, analytical skills, focus on results, assertiveness, ability to communicate, customer orientation
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 100445
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time