Are you passionate about growing your Data Analytics or AI skills? We are looking for an energetic and talented Data Analytics research engineer to join our R&D team in Bangalore.
Our Research Group (Advanced Data Management) is part of Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) Technology Field of CT Research. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate global team of around 200 researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe.
We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from mobility, industry, energy, and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding innovative solutions to some non-trivial industrial problems.
Here is your role.
What part will you play?
• Analyze large, complex data sets by developing advanced machine learning and deep learning pipelines based on business initiatives.
• You will have the ability to build theoretical models as well as build innovative, practical and robust real world solutions for problems in Oil & Gas, Manufacturing and Process Industries.
• You will demonstrate outstanding ability to drive innovation and research in the form of patents and publishing papers at top-tier conferences/journals.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
• As the successful candidate, you will hold an advanced degree in Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering, or computer engineering or other related degree from an accredited university, with hands-on experience of at least 3+ years in solving complex problems and driving actionable insights
• An advanced degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics, or a related quantitative discipline is an asset.
• Experience in proven deep technical expertise in designing and programming large scale data driven solutions using any of the high-level programming languages viz. Java/Python/C++/Matlab
• Strong background in data science including statistical analysis and modeling, data mining, machine learning, uncertainty analysis, time series forecasting, working with both structured and unstructured data.
• Proven experience in oil & gas and power generation or manufacturing preferred. Experience in large-scale industrial processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas refining, manufacturing) in Unit Operations Analysis like Distillation Columns, Heat exchangers would be preferred.
Background in either of the following is preferred:
• Basic understanding of Thermodynamics, Mass and Energy Balance
• Experience in one or more Programming (R, Python, Matlab, C++ etc)
• Rotating Equipment’s like Pumps, Motors, Compressors or Turbines
• Chemical Reaction Engineering – Combustion Analysis
• Process Optimization: LP / MILP, Experience in problem formulation in GAMS/AMPL/Matlab
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 370,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
We look forward to know you. If you have any questions, just mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers