Regional Technical Support Manager
Siemens Aero-derivative Gas Turbines (AGT) is currently recruiting a Regional Technical Support Manager within our engineering function. Reporting to Head of Operations, the successful candidate will be based at the services headquarters in Warwick and will work with a diverse team of engineers across the AGT organisation.
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
The deployment, operation and continued improvement of the Service Engineering and Technical Support team forms an important part of AGT’s Business Strategy. This includes the continuous development of our Technical Support & Service Engineering Delivery Model to improve service capability for our growing fleet.
As part of Service Engineering, the Regional Technical Support Manager REW will have strategic accountability for the technical requirements of our regional customers. You will be required to lead the regional Customer Services strategy, and resources to maximise Customer satisfaction. You will manage customer issues via Service Cloud management tool and be accountable for group technical competencies to meet customer requirements and national regulations. You will be the custodian of the regional service representatives' skill group within the Service Engineering function and be responsible for the co-ordination of the overall strategy and supporting activities to achieve year on year Customer Satisfaction targets. You will provide direction and leadership for resolution of Customer issues and be the senior point of escalation in Technical support.
You will have accountability for managing service requests via our Customer Issues process, as well as generating and evaluating solutions. You will own the service restoration plan for unavailable units as well as recording Product and Service issues for further improvements. This requires the integration, enactment and delivery of Technical, Logistical and Manpower solutions which is necessary to ensure AGT supplied equipment and solutions meet their operational and contractual obligations throughout their life. This period includes Installation and Commissioning and Operation and Maintenance. You will monitor, measure, report and communicate on performance to deliver service whilst supporting the identification of new problems which may impact the Fleet Operational Plan.
You will also support the development of processes, tools and data within the regional team to ensure efficient and effective resolution of operational issues, with a strong focus on shaping these processes and tools to drive proactivity through the effective use of data.
This role provides a focal point for urgent operational issues ensuring efficient and effective integration and resolution of issues that impact availability & reliability, which have a direct correlation with Customer Satisfaction.
Although this is primarily a technical role, there is a requirement to support the business in identifying commercial opportunities.
What are my main responsibilities?
• Leadership of both the Regional Tech Support Team, a customer facing Technical Service Group, and our Entry Level Talent (ELT) Graduate and Apprentice Development Programme.
• Take ownership and delivery of technical solutions for all operational issues, along with integration, tasking, enactment and delivery of technical solutions to meet operational needs and contractual obligations.
• Develop and maintain relationships with customers and the aftermarket groups.
• Process development and adherence.
• Support the development of tools and use data within the Technical Support team, to ensure efficient and effective resolution of Operational Issues.
• Drive Continuous Improvement (CI) for increased productivity.
• Ensure departmental costs are recovered through appropriate cost recovery process via SAP Atlas time booking system.
• Work closely with the other Service Engineering and Product Support Teams our Service Operations, Engineering and Aftermarket teams in supporting customers with urgent operational issues which require specialist system or product knowledge.
• Work closely with the Business and Data Centre to commercialise the Technical Support value streams.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential demonstrating the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, along with commercial experience.
• You will demonstrate initiative and be a flexible self-starter, working with minimal direction. You must be customer focused and have proven Customer Services / Operational experience and be able to demonstrate leadership, problem solving / decision making and technical issue management in a high-pressure environment.
• You will have good overall product and service knowledge, with the ability to manage across diverse teams.
• You will have experience in a combination of Technical/ Logistical/ Line Maintenance knowledge.
• You will have an appropriate Engineering, Logistics, Operations or Business qualification (e.g. Business Studies HND, Degree or equivalent), along with a proven track record in managing people.
• Experience of working with industrial aero-derivative gas turbine technology. You will have good overall product and service knowledge with the ability to manage across diverse teams / solutions.
Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. Its Gas Turbine businesses are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving, and our business keeps growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
This role forms part of the Power Services division and is the world’s leading supplier of services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises of highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables products, power transmission and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. If you are appointed in to this role you will receive Siemens PLC terms, conditions and benefits.
Job ID: 100478
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time