Opening date 6th February 2019
Act as part of a Country Professional Services team, work productively with Consultants, Architects, Project Managers, and other internal interfaces to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives. Provide support and basic technical expertise for SISW projects throughout the project lifecycle (including implementation/installation, migration, testing, training delivery, deployment, production support) in order for the Siemens PLM Software solution to be delivered successfully and provide value to the customer.
Works on projects/assignments of basic scope. Works under general supervision on routine assignment/projects and direct supervision on new assignment/projects. Attends Country Communities of Practice to build understanding of best practices and templates to deliver project tasks.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal customers and technical peers to support effective delivery
- Provide information and feedback to internal customers in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner, as required by defined project activities.
- Understand the context of the internal or customer project and its key deliverables.
- Understand each assigned project task and its relationship to delivery of the work stream
- Provide accurate and timely information to technical team lead or project management team
- Support the generation of the relevant level of project documentation in line with Project Management Methodology
- Support the review of technical implementation experiences with project delivery team, capturing and sharing lessons learnt as part of the project review and close activities
- Install and undertake simple configuration of PLM products including Teamcenter, TCRA, NX and others
- Support the data migration activities for legacy data and systems
- Provide support for basic unit testing activities, and participate under guidance in system testing and UAT activities.
- Support knowledge transfer (deliver training courses, user guides, coaching of users etc) in order to facilitate customer staff development and growth with implementation tasks and PLM technology
- Support the development and delivery of interfaces with other systems
- Contribute to the resolution of escalated customer product related issues from GTAC
- Attend the community of Practice for own specialist area, contribute to contributing to social commentary and sharing experiences to support organizations knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Build an understanding of latest technical and industry trends.
- Keep up to date with Best Practices and methods within own area of specialism, and apply these in everyday role
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelors: computer science, engineering, business, marketing or sales (or lower qualification with relevant work experience)
- Can explain the importance and value of business standards, compliance & ethics, and can explain how it supports customer and business success.
- Understands key components of a single product set, how they relate to each other, their main features, functions and business benefits.
- Able to undertake standard user tasks in the software
- Able to deliver basic user training
- Understand the industry processes and manufacturing concepts
- Understands common business systems (e.g. Microsoft, SAP, Resource Management Systems).
- Communicates effectively with business partners by using appropriate language and vocabulary according to the purpose and context.
- Understands the principles of presentation skills
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
Closing date 5th March 2019
Job ID: 100490
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time