Technical Sales Manger Industry & Infrastructure - North
For this role we are looking for someone with either strong busbar or LV switchgear experience to cover the north of the country (Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle etc).
To secure Siemens Low & Medium Voltage (LMV) teams long term future in GB&I. This will be achieved by continually expanding it’s market presence and fully exploiting its product portfolio and the capability of a totally integrated power system offering across Low & medium voltage.
The role will require taking full responsibility for achieving regional sales targets for the agreed busbar, LV switchgear, secondary switchgear product portfolio by defining customer product propositions that add real value to the customers business. The Sales Manager is expected to engage regionally based customer representatives and significantly influence their short, medium and long term strategies. This role requires technical knowledge across the full spectrum of the busbar, LV switchgear and secondary switchgear portfolio for a complete product offering. You are ultimately responsible for being technical and commercial face of the projects and closing the deal. The position will require ongoing role assessment and review as the portfolio grows, the strategy develops and we increase our market penetration.
Main Accountabilities & Role Content:
- Secure a significant share of the busbar, LV switchgear and secondary switchgear market segments.
- Delivery excellent customer service & monitor customer satisfaction levels.
- Develop ‘Go to Market’ channel approach through sound market intelligence and understanding of Siemens MS portfolio, and innovation. Document a 3 yr regional sales strategy
- Keep appraised of competitor approaches & offerings, including intelligence on reputation, capability, customer base, products, pricing & promotion in order to devise successful sales strategies & tactics to achieve business objectives.
- Creation of opportunity “Win strategies”, defining customer spend strategy, competitive environment and identifying fiscal new orders and business development requirements.
- Maintain adequate reporting of sales opportunities and customer information, ensure accuracy of CRM – Philos system
- Product Launches, marketing campaigns & promotions within your region that will result in maximum sales growth.
- Ensure clear communication strategy at all levels of the Customers/Market.
- Responsible for overall order input budget and Business Development progress in your assigned region
- Strategy & collaboration with Siemens Sales colleagues (Industry, Energy, LV, power partners et al) to maximize Siemens product & system offerings.
- Coordination with MS tendering / Eng delivery to ensure the project is successfully delivered to customer requirements.
- Strategy, collaboration & selection of Consultant & architects for product placement in specifications and FEED studies.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
- Educated to HNC standard or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in sales and marketing
- Excellent busbar/LV switchgear product knowledge & practical installation / application experience.
Knowledge / Experience Requirements
- Record of success in major Low voltage sales with proven track record in product sales.
- Wide ranging commercial and contractual experience including end-to-end bid management.
- Track record of excellent communications & influencing skills
- Good knowledge / experience of Siemens corporate culture and motivations.
- Good understanding of the LV market.
- Good understanding of MV/LV product technologies and applications.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Fully conversant with AuotCad, Single Line Diagrams
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively to achieve targets
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 100530
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time