Summer Internship - PLM Components
Working alongside a talented team of problem solvers and software developers, while being guided by a mentor, you will gain experience of writing and supporting world-leading toolkit technology used by many of the industry’s top Computer Aided Design/Manufacturing/Engineering software applications.
The role will include some of the following:
- Learning the functionality provided by the toolkits
- Learning the software development lifecycle process.
- Adding new functionality to one or more of the toolkits.
- Testing a particular area of a tool kit.
- Developing new tools to improve the development process.
- Analysing customer reported problems and requirements to help define future development work.
- Researching new ideas and technologies to improve the efficiency of internal algorithms.
- Studying towards, or have recently obtained, a Bachelors or Masters Degree in a numerical subject or related Discipline
- A working knowledge of a programming language; C, C++ or Python etc.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- An ability to think and visualise in 3D.
- A willingness to learn independently and from those around you.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and on your own.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 100545
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time