Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- In your non-payscale function as “Sales Director (f/m/d) Turnkey Rail Solutions” you will successfully implement the global sales strategy for the Rail Solutions Segment and identify suitable sales strategies, partners and options for further business development.
- You will report directly to the global Head of Sales.
- Furthermore, you will build lasting relationships which add value with local customers, partner companies and regional decision-makers and operate as a "best known single point of contact".
- In addition, you will set up the bid team as well as managing it (bid strategy, pricing, overall objectives). You will have business responsibility for preparing competitive bids.
- You will also manage acquisition and tendering processes while monitoring internal and external interest groups.
- You will also prepare customer negotiation strategies and carry out these negotiations in various phases of the initial contract.
- In addition, you will be responsible for the successful and lasting on-site implementation of the contracts and projects negotiated.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have a completed degree (masters) in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- We are looking for people with many years of specialist professional experience in international sales involving highly complex projects, preferably in rail turnkey business (with SPC, EPC, O&M, etc.).
- In addition, you have sound knowledge of business and the market (strategy, business processes, decision-makers), you are confident even at the highest political level and have sound tactical skills.
- Furthermore, you are always aware of the impact and implications of your business field .
- In your previous positions you were able to successfully demonstrate that your contract negotiations and formulations meet the most exacting standards and functions.
- Experience of managing international teams and intercultural experience gained from working abroad are essential.
- You must be business-fluent in English and German. Other languages (Arabic, French or Spanish) are highly desirable.
- The position also requires regular global travel.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Julia Krzystek.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 100656
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time