CyberSecurity Monitoring - Senior Consultant (m/f)
Technology is core to our future. Be part of this change.
At the Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub we are reinventing the world of today and tomorrow. Technology advances almost every day. As one of our IT specialists, you can help us find new ways of utilizing it so that businesses can work more efficiently and effectively. Whether it’s supporting the digitalization journey and new data-based business models or developing best-in-class security systems to keep customer details safe from cyber-attacks.
What are my responsibilities?
Primary mission is to improve, optimize and develop the monitoring of and defenses against digital attacks. The Sr. Consultant will support and drive both existing and new security monitoring use cases, both on conceptual and implementation level. As a member of the security team, the successful incumbent will work with his peers to steer these cyber security initiatives. If you think of a firewall logline not just being a number of words, but instead base data for deriving a model which provides essential security insights, we would be happy to get to know you.
• Responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of both existing and new security monitoring use cases
• Support cyber security initiatives by developing new models for predictive and reactive analysis, introducing these models to leadership and staff
• Correlate actionable security events from various sources including Security Information Management System (SIMS) data and develop unique correlation techniques
• Utilize understanding of attack signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats
• Develops analytical products fusing enterprise and all-source intelligence
• Performs advanced areas of work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve very complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
• Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the
successful completion of complex assignments
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Typically, 3-5 years of current and successful work experience in enterprise networking and security solutions.
• Minimum of three years working with Splunk (in the last four years), building content and use cases for security monitoring and cyberattack triage. Successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be
substituted for experience, where applicable.
• Strong knowledge of Python and C# coding.
• Brings extensive knowledge of blue and red teaming, understanding tactics, techniques and procedures of threats and attack stages. Proven understanding of IT networking and security principles.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and
concepts, in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Strong communication skills. Fluent English, both written and spoken.
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and
adapt to a fast-paced environment
What else do I need to know?
At the Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send us your application in English
Job ID: 100671
Organization: Siemens Operations
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time