Software Development Engineer (C/C++)
Software Product House & Consulting (SW&C) brings together the software product, consulting and managed services businesses within Digital Grid.
On the software side, SW&C combines the product families for grid simulation (PSS Power System Simulation), grid control and operations (Spectrum Power), and decentral applications (Energy IP). With these product families aligned on the PLM, R&D, marketing and customer support side, we create consistency and a solid basis for innovation throughout the different fields of application.
As being the integral part of this great R&D group, Siemens Digital Grid Turkey is mainly focused on Software Development on Grid Automation & Control, Power System Engineering products and solutions. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a Software Development Engineer in ODTÜ Teknokent Ankara office.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within the Power Technologies International (PTI) software development team across global locations to develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis
- Developing and maintaining Desktop / Web-based applications and components of the PTI PSS® software portfolio under the direction of the development manager(s)
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Taking responsibilities on Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team,
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in C/C++ software development projects,
- Software development experience in Object-Oriented Programming practices,
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Background in Computer Graphics concepts and experience in related APIs (such as OpenGL, Vulkan, WebGL, Direct3D) is preferable
- Experience on desktop application and/or simulation software development,
- General Knowledge of Design Patterns, best practices and their usages,
- Experience with scripting languages (especially in Python),
- Development experience with MS Visual Studio
- Experience or interest in development with other languages such as Fortran
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems (GIT, ClearCase, etc.),
- Knowledge in software life cycle and agile methodologies,
- Knowledge in continuous integration concepts
- Knowledge in modern C++ (e.g. C++11)
- Experience of performance and memory optimization for Computer Graphics applications
- Experience and knowhow for GIS concepts
- Experience with file based and/or relational database,
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Team player with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and energetic attitude,
- Eager to learn new technologies and Energy domain know-how,
- Know-how on Energy Distribution and Transmission networks is a plus,
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
What else do I need to know?
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
- Military service should be completed for male candidates or postponed more than 2 years.
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receiving applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
Job ID: 100691
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time