Intern - Computational Fluid Dynamics and Machine Learning
Role: Intern - Computational Fluid Dynamics and Machine Learning
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Intern to help us with investigations into machine learning in the coming summer of 2019!
Siemens PLM software is seeking a summer intern to work within the Technology and Applications group, focused on the Siemens PLM flagship product STAR-CCM+. The intern will build on existing work, exploring how machine learning can enhance and compliment numerical methods such as computational fluid dynamics.
This position is expected to last at least 8 weeks during the summer of 2019.
- Build on existing research to further understand the benefits and limitations of machinelearning for enhancing CFD analyses.
- Document and present findings to stakeholders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in Fluids or Mechanical Engineering or other closely related field.
- Prior experience with STAR-CCM+ and/or TensorFlow, both would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Fluent English in speaking, reading and writing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Java programming skills
- Experience in a Linux environment
Job ID: 100747
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time