Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Industry Software GmbH is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
We provide competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Join our team as a “MindSphere Software Architect (m/f/d) – SISW” in our office in Munich.
Siemens PLM Software is seeking an experienced professional with a background in designing software architectures in the context of active project supporting the MindSphere program at Siemens. The ideal candidate would possess architectural and functional knowledge of the MindSphere IoT Operating system as well as strong understanding of business models associated with the selling and processing of orders and provisioning to the environment. The candidate must have good interpersonal skills for working with product management and development, Support, Sales and Marketing Operations, IT Leadership and agile-oriented teams. They will work with cross functional teams to analyze, design, implement and where necessary, remediate core processes for the monetization of MindSphere. Responsible for developing a roadmap for short and long term work, establish and communicate requirements, manage prioritization and monitor the work in IT work streams. Provide coor-dination, across multiple organizations and functions to meet these objectives.
- Work with senior MindSphere and IT Management to review business requirements with the business sponsors, analyze potential solutions, and translate requirements into solid processes and architectures
- Serve as the primary contact for MindSphere PRM and SISW Business Systems to scope and define new cap-abilities and enhancements.
- Collaborate with Digital Exchange Storefront product owners, in-app/platform product owner, Digital Exchange process manager and various development teams to create and support new capabilities or enhancements that require significant system architecture review.
- Support the implementation requirements for different MindSphere platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, AliBaba, etc.)
- Support a streamlined and effective end-to-end testing environment for Siemens and third-party applications that will run on MindSphere.
- Provide periodic updates to MindSphere and SISW leadership teams on anticipated or projected architectural impacts
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of ten years of experience in software development capacity (developer, architect) equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of MicroServices, event-driven and modular architectures
- Experience in collecting, capturing and helping to prioritize business requirements with a focus on process and technology impacts
- Demonstrates catalyzing proficiency sufficient to integrate and re-architect application platforms based on an understanding of modern, cloud-based development concepts.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Architectural certifications (formal employer programs or commercial offerings)
- Working knowledge of enterprise application frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman)
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure and/or AliBaba
- Working knowledge of SAP R/3 or S/4, Salesforce.com
- Experience with system integration thru web services (REST/SOAP) or commercial offerings (SAP PI, etc.)
- Experience doing system design flows and ability to prototype quickly to verify basic assumptions
What more do I need to know?
Siemens PLM Software is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, vali-date and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Markus Kies, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.