Research Head - Software Architecture
Are you passionate about setting and leading research group for Software Architecture? We are looking for an energetic and talented professional to join our Research & Development team at Bangalore.
The goal of research and development is to bring innovations to life in order to drive a profitable portfolio for Siemens. Therefore, the focus of research and development is the definition, development and test of new products, solutions and services
In this role Provide guidance to research & development project teams in the region on established project management practices, methods and tools, in alignment with the global standardized RDA processes. Enable the research groups to become leaner, more efficient and more effective through continuous improvement
Here is your role. What part will you play?
· Build of new research group with up to 20 employees
· Budget responsibility for the local research group
· Disciplinary and technical leadership/coaching of Research Group staff; driving Performance Management Process e.g. target setting, evaluation and competency development for Project Managers and project staff.
· Define and manage execution of the Research Group’s business strategy including growth areas and business plans in alignment with Siemens Company Core Technologies (CCTs)
· Assignment of staff and required competencies to projects (capacity planning) aligned with TF Head.
· Contribute to the Technology Field´s strategy and roadmap; align globally to ensure implementation and execution.
· Coordination of the Research Group projects and Project Managers. Ensuring knowledge transfer across projects.
· Management of projects as Project Manager.
· Build Siemens-internal network to acquire projects based on the software foundation; maintain relationships to the business units within Siemens, including the new IOT Service unit.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key universities and institutes to expand technology portfolio and jointly pursue public funding opportunities.
· Closely interact with Principals, R&D heads and Technology Field heads.
· Assist developing brand recognition externally by networking with industry experts, attending conferences and partnering with universities.
· Collaborate with the other CT Research Groups in the area of user experience design and artificial intelligence
· Participate and lead projects with Siemens businesses, including research & development as well as technical consulting
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
· 5+ years of experience as researcher and engineer in the areas of software engineering with a proven track record in academia and/or industry
· 2+ years of supervisory experience or program/project management engagement leading teams in an R&D environment required
· Up-to-date expertise in software engineering, user experience and knowledge management concepts
· Up-to-date technical knowledge in current software technologies, e.g. Cloud platforms, Semantics, Chatbots
· Established networks within academia/research institutions.
· Highly motivated and driven business leader with a can-do attitude
· Excellent interpersonal and English language communication skills
· Capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects.
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic and international team with a strong customer service orientation
· Willingness to travel 30% (domestic/international)
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
We look forward to know you. If you have any questions, just mail to Adhar.email@example.com
Job ID: 101008
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time