MSI setup expert
Job Title: MSI Setup Expert
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Responsible to take part in design and development of the setup units for technically complex products and features without using third party tools like Install shield
- Work closely with stakeholders and development teams to ensure delivery of a high quality setups for the product
- Expert in MSI internals with phenomenal experience preferably in product based companies
- Responsible for independently building MSI setups from the scratch
- Guide the team of MSI technology persons with internals of MSI (Windows Installer) service and the deep understanding of MSI database
- Raise the new requirements that are required from the setup frames and tools currently available in the organization as well as to craft new frame/s whenever required
- Derive/understand/analyze Frame or MSI requirements and the functional specification
- Fair knowledge in Object Oriented programming skills with at least one language (C#, C++, Java, etc)
- Ensure conformance to organization and project quality processes
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with team in collaboration
- Must act as technical mentor for the team
- Perform Frame/Setup reviews, Quality assurance and Checklist creation/review
- Dedicatedly propose the right frame as per the type of product application (setup unit) & develop prototypes where and when required
- Agile SW development methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Strong knowledge of MSI service and MSI database
- Good know-how on C#, .Net Framework / C++ / java
- Knowledge of building MSI packages from the scratch
- Good understanding of OOPS
- Must have a very strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Automation industry would be an added advantage
- Standard platforms - expertise in software development on and for the Windows platform
- Hands-on experience in MSI package development using no third party tools (not just repackaging but using in-house tools/frames), development and testing
- Authority in writing installation scripts in any languages (VBS, Java script, C#, etc)
- Debugging skills - ability to find the root cause for defects, fix defects and provide impact on fixes done
- Requirement Analysis Methodology - Know-how to perform requirement management for a component/frame independently
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Other capabilities - Standout Colleague, Self-motivated, Analytical Thinker, Good Communication, Unlimited thinking, Good Logical abilities
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 101010
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time