Project Manager - Internal
The Siemens Power Generation Services Division offers a broad spectrum of
innovative products and services, to enable our customers within the utility,
oil & gas, and industrial processing industries to achieve high reliability
and optimal performance of their rotating power equipment.
In addition to our conventional services we offer Digital Services that enable customers to create new business models and manage their risk, improve their performance and ultimately increase their profitability.
About the role
Grip Title: Project Manager - Internal
External Title: Internal Project Manager (IPM)
Plans, prepares and coordinates technical projects according to the Project Management (PM) standards defined, throughout all stages of the Q-gate process.
- Supports Project Manager External in clarifying customer requirements and specifications, during the request for proposal (RFP) and proposal.
- Designs and develops technical specification, and timeline, milestones and budget needed in the project.
- Coordinates resources and monitors and reports progress and milestones regularly to all stakeholders.
- Negotiates or contributes to negotiations with suppliers and vendors.
- Responsible for meeting all project milestones and technical objectives.
- Monitors the budget adherence and may take actions to minimize non-conformance costs.
- Checks projects results, designs respective test procedures and monitors test results.
- Ensures proper documentation of project results, and of all products or technologies delivered.
- Adheres to PM standards defined, and manages and coordinates all temporarily assigned project staff.
- Managing and driving the execution of all dependant demand orders through the Works in accordance with the work-to-lists.
- Setting up interfacing project plans for all dependent demand orders between Projects and Works
- Interfacing and communication with Works’, Planning & Estimating, Scheduling, Engineering, Procurement, Stores, QA/QC, Receipt and dispatch teams and drivers.
- Interface with all subcontractors and the Works’ supervisors for these orders.
- Providing updates and reports to the head of Manufacturing on the status of all jobs in the Works by using SAP on a daily basis.
- Managing the OTD of these orders to the outage requirements.
- Managing the costs on all jobs and reporting on cost variances.
- Managing the technical closeout of these orders on SAP.
- Issuing delivery notes of these orders to site and obtaining all relevant signatures from the site PM and customer.
- Ensuring that these orders are invoiced by the Commercials when the job is delivered.
- Ensuring that the payments for these orders are received.
What do I need to qualify?
- Minimum National Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 – 10 Years working in Heavy Engineering Manufacturing environment
- Project management fundamentals PMP/PMI certification is essential
- Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results (MS Project, MS Excel)
- Must have strong SAP knowledge
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be capable of working well in a team environment with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to multi-task
Job ID: 101042
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time