EHS Manager in Projects
• The implementation of the Construction Phase Plan is monitored and in particular, ensures that workplace inspections are executed.
• Ensure implementation of robust Site inspection programmes across multiple customer substations and construction sites, with EHS process audits, communicating key lessons learned and tracking action closeouts.
• Required EHS documentation is maintained.
• Where the EHSMiP is acting as Consortium lead they shall monitor any trends in safety observations/hazard reporting from all construction sites and initiate proactive measures to arrest trends at the earliest opportunity.
• Initiate best practice and continual improvement initiatives across all construction sites to ensure safety performance is continually improved.
• Undertake medium level investigations should any accidents be of sufficient potential severity and ensure lessons learned are effectively communicated and measures implemented across all construction sites on the project.
• Represent the business at Customer Forums as required.
• Monitor trends in Near Miss, Hazard Spotting reports and implement initiatives to improve performance on individual projects.
• Presentation of regular performance and statistical reports and data (ie RIVO and Customer aligned KPI’s) as necessary to support Snr Mgt and Customer reporting and aid pro-active decision making.
• Assist in the implementation of Zero Harm and supporting initiatives, including site forums, stand-down days and presentations.
• Compile and distribute EHS communications across the business, including EHS Bulletins and Alerts.
• Detailed knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation pertaining to large construction projects.
• Experience in undertaking audits of supplier organisations and supporting standards – OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems.
• Experience in developing and fulfilling the EHS arrangements for Principal Contractor on CDM projects.
• Experience working on electrical HV Transmission and Distribution projects and construction sites.
• Familiarisation with Utility Networks authorisations, safety rules and governing processes ie National Grid/SSE
• Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety Management ie NEBOSH
• Diploma or equivalent in Environmental Management ie IEMA
• Lead Auditor OHSAS18001/ISO14001
• CDM Awareness
• CCNSG Passport or Equivalent
• Accident investigation certification
• Safety coaching/behavioural safety
• Safety by Design
• National Grid Person
• Fire safety
• First Aid at Work
• Full and clean UK Driving Licence
Job ID: 101121
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time