Data Scientist - Digital Mobility
Siemens Mobility Limited
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- We develop data- / AI-driven solutions for even smarter management of road traffic (e.g. AI-traffic light control) and rail infrastructure, as well as intermodal mobility. To do this, we work closely with our customers, partners and Siemens departments, with agile methods and rapid prototyping in line with the lean startup concept.
- In this environment, you can use your expertise in Data Analytics and Machine Learning to help shape ecologically sustainable smart traffic for the future along with underlying functions for autonomous driving.
- In our growing team of currently 10 AI-experts, you will develop innovative solutions for exploratory data analysis in highly complex data structures.
- Your aim is to identify unknown relationships in data from traffic management systems, traffic light systems, vehicles and other third-party sources in order to create cutting-edge solutions.
- You will create reusable analytical models, operationalizing them in the analytics platform and visualizing the results
- You will contribute to the successful realization of modern data analytics and machine learning within our projects
- You will work directly with customers and project partners
- Delivering presentations to stakeholders from the business will be another element of your role
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- PhD/Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a reputed institute with grass-root experience of at least 2 years in solving complex problems and driving actionable insights from Petabytes of data.
- Closely follow latest developments in artificial intelligence and be an early adopter of disruptive trends/technologies
- You are an expert in technologies, methods and algorithms in data analytics, especially data mining and machine learning.
- You have experience in multidisciplinary projects and working with customers, and you have a proven track record of implementing big data projects
- You are experienced in using analytical tools (e.g. Spotfire / Tableau) and systems, especially tools for data mining, and have a good understanding of ETL / ELT
- Proven deep technical expertise in designing and programming large scale data driven solutions using any of the high level programming languages viz. Java/Python/C++/Scala
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping through production, present developed solutions and recommendations to business partners, and influence future product roadmap and strategy based on insights
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following is a must:
- Building analytical solutions leveraging distributed computing frameworks and cloud based data engineering solutions, especially Hadoop and Spark to build and deploy products at scale
- Experience in Machine Learning techniques such as Forecasting, Classification, Clustering, Text Mining, Decision Trees, Random Forest and Search algorithms
- Understanding and hands-on experience in training deep convolutional and/or recurrent networks using frameworks like Tensorflow, Caffe, MXNet, etc.
- Research, develop and prototype software technologies related to object detection, tracking, 3D reconstruction, SLAM and photometric stereo
- Experience in the following will be an added advantage:
- 1-2 years’ experience working on image processing and computer vision problems with a clear understanding and ability to implement algorithms (especially deep learning algorithms)
- Hands-on experience using OpenCV and OpenGL
- Optimization techniques for model training and deployment on GPUs
Job ID: 101175
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time