Senior Project Engineer - Control & Protection
Siemens Energy Management specialises in the delivering of turn key high voltage substation solutions to the energy industry. Currently there are two exciting opportunities for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join Project Delivery Teams as Senior Projects Engineers – Control and Protection working on projects for either National Grid or Scottish and Southern Energy. These permanent positions are well suited to individuals that are looking to advance their careers with a world leader in the delivery of high voltage substation solutions at a time of significant success and growth within these two business streams. Successful candidates will enjoy a range of benefits, including a competitive salary, along with hands-on delivery experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
What are my responsibilities?
The Senior Project Engineer – Control & Protection manages - with responsibility for results – the Control & Protection delivery Siemens Projects. This includes:
· Executing the project / work package within the defined requirements (e.g. cost, time, functionality).
· Set in place work packages for the assigned Design Engineers on all equipment design and specifications.
· Liaison with the Technical Lead Engineer
· Liaison with the assigned Procurement Officer on all subcontractor & supplier packages
· Responsible for the management of subcontractors/suppliers packages through delivery up to handover in accordance with the project programme.
· Responsible for ensuring all technical, procurement and quality information is made available for factory acceptance tests to take place. Where necessary attending equipment acceptance tests.
· Completing supplier / subcontractor performance assessments in cooperation with Procurement & Quality Depts.
· Ensuring all potential risks, variations and opportunities are identified and reported to the Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer as soon as possible.
· Responsible for ensuring procurement information for QA Plans providing procurement information and
· Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports on the assigned work packages for internal and external reporting.
· Liaison with site personnel and commissioning engineers on the allocated work package.
· Acts as the Engineers Representative on subcontract / supplier packages.
· Ensuring business success and satisfaction of the customer.
· Ensuring professional stakeholder management.
· Ensuring timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Experience in a project engineering/contract management function ideally within the Transmission & Distribution Industry.
· Demonstrable evidence of successful project technical delivery.
· Fully conversant with the latest Transmission & Distribution standards & technologies.
· Knowledge of Substation Primary & Secondary Systems.
· Experience of purchasing procedures and possessing negotiating skills.
· Awareness of Commercial / Contractual issues
· Knowledge of current H&S legislation. CDM Regulations.
· Knowledge of Environmental Regulations
· Knowledge of Risk Management processes
· Effective communication & interpersonal skills.
Job ID: 101312
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time