Senior Project Engineer - Control & Protection
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Transmission and Distribution team as a Senior Project Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
We are experts in delivering on turn key high voltage substation solutions and due to growth, we have 2 incredible opportunities for passionate and talented engineers to join our Project Delivery Team. These incredibly varied positions will enable you to work on a plethora of projects for either National Grid or Scottish and Southern Energy.
If you are looking for a permanent position which will enable you to advance your career with a truly world leader in the delivery of high voltage substation solutions then this could be the perfect role for you!
What part will you play?
- To support and drive the project / work package
- Set in place work packages for the assigned Design Engineers on all equipment design and specifications.
- Work alongside the Technical Lead Engineer and the Procurement Officer on all subcontractor & supplier packages
- Manage subcontractors/suppliers’ packages through delivery up to handover
- To ensure all technical, procurement and quality information is made available for factory acceptance tests to take place and where necessary, attend acceptance tests
- Complete supplier / subcontractor performance assessments
- Raise all potential risks, variations and opportunities are identified and reported to the Project Manager
- Ensure procurement information for QA Plans is communicated to Procurement
- Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports on the assigned work packages for internal and external reporting
- Liaison with site personnel and commissioning engineers on the work packages
- We are looking for someone who has Project Engineering/Contract Management experience gained within the Transmission & Distribution Industry
- You will have a great understanding of Transmission & Distribution standards & technologies
- Knowledge of Substation Primary & Secondary Systems.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety and also Environmental Regulations
- Knowledge of Risk Management processes
- Fantastic communication & interpersonal skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great
minds making the future and you could be one of them. Our daily lives depend on
a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is
committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products,
systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent
transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly
innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the
future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent to support
us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join
us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of
helping us make real, what matters. We are looking forward to receiving your
online application. Please ensure you finish all of the areas of the
application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your
suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognises that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 101312
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time