As the world’s only integrated Technology Company that spans the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, industrial automation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end automation solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
Siemens has a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Lead Project Engineer to join our Power Generation Services team based at our North Ryde offices. Reporting to the Head of Operations, this challenging and rewarding role will manage an end to end workflow portfolio by leading the conceptual and basic design, detailed design, implementation, factory testing and commissioning of PCS7 and other Siemens’ automation systems. The role also requires sales and tendering support and project management skills with demonstrated team leadership experience, offering excellent career progression opportunities.
This is a highly technical role. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceptual design and engineering of customer solutions for potential projects
- Design, develop, factory acceptance testing and onsite commissioning of hardware and software solutions using PCS7, S7/WinCC and other Siemens’ automation platforms
- Network and system architecture design and administration
- Leading and working in project delivery teams
- Facilitate, monitor and supervise the use of appropriate subcontractors
- Estimate project influences and risks and evaluate them technically
- Provide technical recommendations and decisions to Siemens and to customers based on clear understanding of the customers' business and operational environment
- Ensure open, regular and effective communication with all stakeholders
- Assist Sales and Bid Managers technically in tender preparation
- Proactively promote innovation, improvements, risk identification and safety management
- Work under the company quality management system and take responsibility for HS&E
The successful candidate will be highly motivated with a Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering and extensive experience in large scale industrial automation. Demonstrated expert experience in automation products such as PCS7, S7, WinCC, Simatic IT and other Siemens automation platforms and products. A working knowledge of IEC 61508 and 61511 would be an advantage. You must be able to communicate effectively and be able to build strong relationships at all levels internally and within customer organisations. You must also have a willingness to travel frequently within Australia.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 101386
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time