Lead Piping Engineer, COE LGT Packages
Lead Piping Engineer - COE LGT Packages
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
This position is the owner of Piping Engineering for Customer Order Projects, for LGT auxiliary packages including detail design using tools like Open Plant etc.
This role will be a member of the COE team and will be responsible for Complete Design of LGT package Piping systems including its supports for the defined project/s, for multiple Gasturbine (GT) frames and Coordination with Client, Siemens Project Management and the Fabrication Vendor.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As part of the Gas Turbine Engineering project management office, the candidate is expected to provide global project management for planning, execution and monitoring of R&D projects/programs.
• Lead Piping Engineer is the owner of Piping & Supports for GT packages in the project.
• Coordination with various disciplines within Siemens like Plant Layout, fluid system process engineering, electrical engineering and balance of plant and Civil engineering.
• Coordination with Client, Siemens Project Management and the Fabrication Vendor.
• Detail design of Piping & its supports including clarification of issues coming from the fabrication vendors.
• Ownership of Quality of work and Commitment to tight Time schedule
• Responsible for conformity with reference design and all project specific requirements
• Prepare basic & detail design and (if needed) procurement specifications and BOQ for GT Piping.
• Planning & Modeling of Piping & Supports in 3d tools like Open Plant and extracting drawings including isometric, GA & support drawings.
• Interface to the GT & GT Piping Erection Manual, responsibility for the GT Piping Product & Maintenance documentation
• Work in global project teams
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Expertise in piping design, knowledge of the ASME power piping code B31.1 and other relevant codes for e.g. flanges, fittings, materials, etc.
• Expertise in modeling tools like Open Plant or equivalent
• Knowledge of GT packages, P&IDs, Skids, escape routes, fire protection and hazardous area requirements.
• Knowledge of Fuel Gas & Fuel Oil systems, Lube Oil systems, Instrument Air, Compressed Air, Purge Air system, Wet Compression system etc
• Expertise in project engineering management
• Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree
• 7 to 12 years of engineering work experience
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 101439
Organization: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time