Wire Harness Software Consultant
Job title: Wire Harness Software Consultant
Location: United Kingdom - Flexible location (remote work possible)
The Wire Harness Consultant will be a member of the Siemens ‘Integrated Electrical Solutions’ (IES) Professional Services team. This is a group of talented engineers working at the forefront of next generation platform engineering related solutions.
This role will work alongside customers to specify, implement and deploy harness design and manufacturing processes, utilising the comprehensive Siemens IES tool suite. The consultant will work with customers to ensure a successful outcome by leveraging the strengths of our broad IES Product portfolio. You will be contributing to the success of a team of consultants, product specialists and account managers by increasing the adoption of our IES tools across the UK & EMEA zone. Whilst many of our customers today belong to the Transportation Industry and Automotive/Military Aerospace domains, you will be required to define and implement solutions for a variety of industries.
- Engage with customers who use and deploy the Mentor Graphics Capital tools for electrical system design and manufacturing.
- Work with customers and technical sales resources to define and document recommended deployment plans based around achievable successful outcomes.
- Execute and manage deployment projects at customer site according to agreed-upon deployment plan with constant communication and coordination with consulting management, sales team and SW engineering.
- Deliver technical workshops as determined in deployment projects
- Configure the Capital tools to support customer’s requirements
- Assist consulting management and account managers in determining incremental sales opportunities (services & products) and strategy leveraged by the successful deployment project
- Provide technical assistance to customers including technical problem solving
- Communicate customer technical requirements to product marketing
- Travel will be involved mainly within the UK & Europe, occasionally overseas.
- 5+ years’ experience in the principles, practices and techniques of wire harness design and manufacturing processes, including understanding of key issues faced by customers
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required. MSc degree preferred.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently but collaboratively and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving product and technical environment.
- Deep understanding of wire harness design flow from diagram capture through manufacturing delivery.
- Understanding of how product life cycle and product data management systems have managed this process and associated data a plus.
- Broad knowledge and experience of wire harness design tools i.e. Mentor Graphics Capital tools or similar (ePlan, Zuken, Vector).
- Experience in IES related technologies and platforms, and knowledge of key trends in IES software solution deployments
- Experience with enterprise level business and implementations
- Understand/write English technical documents (Business level)
- Team and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to define and drive priorities among and within projects
- Ability to synthesize and formulate broad, high-level functional requirements into concrete solution specifications
- Strong customer interaction, technical communication, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience of configuration and deployment of Siemens Teamcenter and/or NX CAD Programming skills
- Demonstrable ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organisations whilst maintaining a company-internal network of contacts
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
Job ID: 101526
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time