Siemens Integrated Electrical Solutions
The EE Consultant will be a member of the Siemens ‘Integrated Electrical Solutions’ (IES) Professional Services team. This is a group of talented engineers working at the forefront of next generation platform engineering related solutions.
The role will focus on the suite of tools that aids our customers with model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and to produce better designs for today’s demanding market. We are particularly focussed on solutions to assist with E/E architecture, network design and related technologies.
- Capture of vehicle functions – building models of functions interconnected by signals and describing their implementation requirements.
- Designing a logical architecture – allocating functions into ECUs and signals into networks.
- Implementing the network – packing signals into messages for the particular network protocol being used (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc.).
We are looking for a Solution Architect (SA) who will be principally responsible for deploying MBSE based design process for E/E design to our customers. The consultant will work with customers to ensure a successful outcome by leveraging the strengths of our broad IES product portfolio.
You will be contributing to the success of a team of consultants, product specialists and account managers by increasing the adoption of our IES tools across the Europe. Whilst many of our customers today belong to the Transportation Industry and Automotive/Military Aerospace domains, you will be required to define and implement solutions for a variety of industries.
The SA is part of an organisation delivering IES Electrical Define tools which are divided into three groups:
· E/E Architecture – Mentor Graphics / Siemens’ solution for E/E architecture - Capital Systems. This comprises modelling of functions and allocation of functions and signals into components and networks. This is described here:
- ) and VSA COM (https://www.mentor.com/products/vnd/autosar-products/volcano-vsa-com-designer/).
- Engage with customers to deploy the Mentor Graphics Capital tools for E/E design.
- Work with customers and technical sales resources to define and document recommended deployment plans based around achievable successful outcomes.
- Execute and manage deployment projects at customer site according to agreed-upon deployment plan with constant communication and coordination with consulting management, sales team and SW engineering.
- Configure the Capital tools to support customer’s requirements, using API
- Assist consulting management and account managers in determining incremental sales/strategy wins.
- Communicate customer technical requirements to product marketing.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Strong experience in the principles, practices and techniques of MBSE for E/E and Network design including understanding of key issues faced by customers.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field is required. MSc degree preferred.
- Experience in IES related technologies and platforms, and knowledge of key trends in IES software solution deployments.
- Strong background and experience of E/E tools ideally Mentor Graphics Capital or similar.
Additional Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with EDS tools - ideally Capital, PREEvision, VSA-COM, Sparx EA, Elektrobit, Systemite or Similar
- Programming experience – ideally Java & knowledge of ‘Capital API’
- Travel around 50% will be involved mainly within the European continent, occasionally overseas.
Job ID: 101526
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time