Our Siemens Customs Team are searching for a Customs Specialist in International Trade matters.
You will report directly to the UK IMEX team manager and be responsible for helping manage/improve comprehensive controls and processes to ensure Siemens compliance with UK and international trade regulations.
Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders such as HMRC and other governing bodies will be key to this role. As the Customs Specialist you will be one who can work in a challenging environment whilst handling and prioritising multiple tasks.
Ideally you will be within commutable distance of one of these Siemens office locations: Frimley, Manchester, Ulverston, Warwick, Poole, Newcastle, Lincoln, with the flexibility to travel to Siemens sites across the UK as required.
For this role it would be preferable for the candidate to work from a Siemens UK site however for a candidate that can demonstrate the required knowledge of customs processes and self-motivation, consideration for home based working would be given.
Change the future with us.
· As the Customs Specialist you will be responsible for:
· Process mapping of customs regimes and controls
· Assessing requirements and provide guidance for shipping goods subject to dual use and or prohibitions and restrictions
· Implementing of national legal regulations into internal business regulations
· Advising business on use of customs regimes with accurate reconciliation as required by authorities
· Analysing of business and logistic processes regarding Customs issues and alignment of these processes, including integration of Customs tools into local IT systems (master data bases and order processing systems, including establishment and maintenance of system documentation)
· Advising the business and providing training with regards to Customs legislation
· Implementation of Customs security programs / Trusted Trader Authorisations
· Monitoring of relevant data for customs compliance purposes
· Determination of customs valuation
· Development and maintenance of customs relevant product master data
· Customs classification processes
· Conducting regular spot checks (monthly) as required to ensure adherence to internal compliance standards
· Communicating Customs requirements with other departments
What you need to make real what matters.
· Experience in a similar trade compliance / customs specialist role
· Good knowledge of international trade procedures
· Good knowledge of Automated Customs Clearance Systems
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with the ability to provide clear instruction to others where applicable
· Strong communication skills are required with internal and external stakeholders such as HMRC and other governing bodies
· Fully conversant with MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
· SAP experience preferable
· Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 101531
Organisation: Controlling and Finance
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time