Key Expert IT and Business Processes EHS 80% - 100%
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
We realise what matters: Our Building Technologies division makes buildings, cities and infrastructures smarter and more energy-efficient. As the leading technology partner worldwide we offer solutions and services for personal safety, building safety and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, and energy management. Building Technology has its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland. Create the future together with approximately 30 000 colleagues and help us to make the world a little better every day.
Product-related Environmental Protection (PrEP) covers the compliance of our product portfolio with environmental legislation such as RoHS, REACH, WEEE etc. Therefor it specifies requirements for many functions and departments of the company along the life cycle of a product, ranging from development and design, procurement, production and project management to marketing, sales and service5 and also comprising product documentation requirements. The job owner reports to the Business Unit EHS Officer.
As such, experts for PrEP are located in the Business Units’s QM EHS department where they support the responsible BU CEO together with experts from the other EHS disciplines.
Your new responsibilities
- The scope of the role is to understand/translate & implement requirements from supranational or national environmental regulations within the area of our product design, furthermore, implement the necessary requirements from our headquarters in Zug
- Drive the digitalization in your designated business area, consult and support local PrEP experts when it comes to product related environmental requirements. Create awareness, convince and follow up on your meetings
- Act as the interface between the global EHS Management and the global business with focus on digitalization and processes
- Management of our Environmental related Master Data, to guarantee the proper management of our EHS tool landscape with regards to data quality and availability, you are the person to align various data streams and maintain their added value for the business
- Your stakeholders in this job are the owners of the business processes like Product Management, Manufacturing, Procurement, Research and Development and the local QM departments. Furthermore, you will closely collaborate with our Master Data Management Team in our Zug HQ
Your skills and experience
- A degree in natural sciences or engineering studies, with specialization either in computer science mechanical/electrical engineering or environmental technology
- As a must have, we look for In-depth knowledge of frameworks and IT tools for material and hazardous substance declaration like IEC 62474 (Material Declaration), BOMcheck
- Our future job owner understands the fundamentals of environmental product legislations like RoHS, REACH, WEEE etc., therefore has the experience to separate the urgent from the less pressing aspects, yet can drive the business side as well with enthusiasm and dedication
- Several years of experience of working in the electrical or electronics branch, understanding the regulations and best practices
- As you are the person driving the digital change, you bring along a communicative personality that can convince other stakeholders, function under pressure and present findings to the peers and our management. Following up on agreements is part of your job as well
- Fluency in English is a must, German must be spoken at least on an intermediate level, other languages (especially French) would be an advantage
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. As such, we can only accept your application via our application platform (using the «Application» button). Please be aware that applications sent by e-mail will not be answered and will simply be deleted. Should you have any questions about this job offer, please contact email@example.com mentioning the job ID in your e-mail. We look forward to receiving your full application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 101537
Organization: Building Technologies
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time