National IT Applications Specialist: Healthcare Diagnostics
Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honour our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our Healthcare Diagnostics team in this newly created role as a Healthcare IT specialist. Providing support across Australia and New Zealand the successful candidate can be based in Sydney or Brisbane and will report to the Head of Sales & Applications Support – Laboratory Diagnostics ANZ.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- You will work with our Healthcare Consulting Team and customers to optimise configuration, customisation and training to maximise laboratory workflow
- You will plan and coordinate user acceptance testing with your clients and internal team
- You will ensure that there is knowledge transfer to enable the customers and users to optimise their use of the solution to support their business activities
- You will leverage your highly developed communication skills, presenting complex concepts in simple to understand language to technical and non-technical attendees
- You will provide ongoing customisation of configuration post go live to ensure optimised workflow efficiencies
- You will provide ongoing troubleshooting across software configuration to maximise laboratory uptime
- You will establish professional relationships with IT managers at laboratories, hospitals and the healthcare consortium
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at Siemens Healthineers Australia and New Zealand
Your qualifications and experience:
- Your experience in pathology laboratory workflows and laboratory information systems will be highly regarded
- You will have previous consulting experience in software implementation to end customers
- Ideally you will have technical skills related to SQL script development and custom report development using reporting services
- You will have an understanding of basic networking in order to troubleshoot system issues
Your attributes and skills:
- Your ability to think laterally in determining effective solutions for laboratory workflow problems will be critical to the role
- Your clear and confident written and verbal communication skills and ability to embrace a tight deadline will be key when working with customers' onsite
- Your proven experience in conversing with laboratory managers through to laboratory CIO will see you succeed in this role
- You will have an innate ability to bring different groups together to agree on a solution as well as a strong customer focus and the ability to determine best practice solutions for our customers
- Passionate about the digitalisation of healthcare as the future
- You will be willing and able to travel throughout ANZ when required to support project implementation and Go Live
- You will be able to provide evidence of your eligibility to work across Australia and New Zealand
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us today.
Applications close 14 March 2019 or sooner if sufficient applications are received.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Curious about our culture?
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at Siemens Healthineers career page
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 101593
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time