From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens Mobility has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an opportunity for a o join our Mobility team in Docklands, Melbourne, Victoria. This position will report to the Senior Legal Counsel who is based out of our Brisbane office and will provide legal expertise on topics across our Australian offices.
- Counsels business partners as a trusted advisor in legal matters.
- Identifies and analyses legal risks and opportunities, and drives solutions.
- Negotiating design & construct, goods supply, supply and install, and software agreements.
- Managing legal proceedings and claims by analysing the legal situation, gathering related legal data and setting up a salvation strategy.
- Contract management throughout delivery - managing claims, both offensive and defensive including variation claims, delay claims, disruption claims and general claims for breach of contract.
- Ensures effective risk management by drafting/reviewing and negotiating contracts for supply and procurement.
- Reporting on material legal risks and proceedings to meet relevant internal and external regulations and requirements.
- Ensuring business adherence to internal Siemens policies and processes.
- Experience predominantly in construction law both front end (tender phase) and back end (delivery and disputes).
- Beneficial to have experience working on rail, electricity distribution / transmission, security / building technology related projects or in a civil construction environment.
- In-house experience or secondment experience would be beneficial
- Must be able to work autonomously and to make decisions independently based on an assessment of risk.
- Must have some flexibility to work outside of hours as required e.g. to have telephone conversations with Siemens offices around the world as required.
Job ID: 101613
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time