Contract and Claim Manager
The Contract and Claim Manager will be in charge supporting and consulting the process parties (particularly PM) with a focus on the execution phase of process control system projects and supporting contractual conflicts in terms of contractual interests with the target of bringing or exceeding the planned and calculated project success. This includes supporting the Management board to achieve the business targets; supporting the execution team advisory functions concerning contract issues within Mobility (e.g. also using CM Training).
What are my responsibilities?
- Preparation/participation and support of project teams in customer negotiations to represent the contractual and legal interests of Siemens including active Claim and Variation Management
- Active support to work with the project manager on the contract and claim strategy
- Contract analysis in terms of claim potential and possible supplementary orders in the phases: Acquisition, Project Kick Off and Execution
- Supporting Project Managers regarding evaluation of contract discrepancies and sourcing appropriate measures
- Supporting Project Managers regarding supplementary business opportunities in terms of active Change Order Management
- Successfully negotiating requests for more (funding, time) as well as defense against claims (customer, suppliers)
- Preparing contractual aspects for further tracking/supporting by Legal Department
- Estimating and evaluating special influences to the projects as early as possible
- Risk identifying and analysis, coordination suitable countermeasures together with the project manager to minimize the risk and thereby reducing costs/NCCs and/or customers dissatisfaction
- Identification and development of opportunities: supporting the project managers to implement opportunities in supplementary orders and Project improvements,
- Continuous monitoring of Risks and Opportunities related to contractual issues
- Support/advice the Management board in terms of activity options particularly in crisis situation/escalation and project status meetings
- Professional support in contractual conflicts if applicable up to and including arbitration
- Developing and training of contract management relevant issues for regional Project Managers/ Project Commercials /Purchaser/Project Leaders with a focus on Mobility Specification
- Manage Training/informative meetings to legal special topics (e.g. effects of new laws)
- Supporting the contractual aspects in line with the PM080/PM100 and contract workshops.
- Supporting Siemens-internal regulations
- Analysis and Annotation of diverse international contracts, Consortium contracts, agreements of confidentiality as well as discussions with the sales department
- Participation in LoA meetings with the Management board (if required)
- Customer and Consortium negotiations domestically and abroad
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- University degree or equivalent Academic qualification from reputable University or College
- Solid working experiences in Contract management from similar organization set-up
- Experiences in Interpretation contractual and legal wording
- Ability to Analyze, Strategic Orientated, Organizing & Quality Oriented, Decision Maker and Results Oriented
- Solid work experience in medium to large projects, preferably in the rail business
- Past experience of working in the Middle East, preferably in the Egypt.
- Excellent understanding of contract law and market standard legal forms; experience of local legislation would be an advantage
- Networking Skills, Coaching & Mentoring and Team work mindset
- Excellent communication & presentation skills shaped with outstanding negotiation skills.
- Very good command of both the spoken and written English language
- Solid computer skills
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 101650
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time