Rolling Stock Technical Support Engineer
Siemens Mobility are recruiting a Technical Support Engineer for our Rolling Stock depot in Leyton. Based out of the Temple Mills Depot supporting the Eurostar Velaro High Speed Fleet, the Technical Support Engineer will work with the Production, Technical and Performance teams supporting with the maintenance and reliability improvement of the fleet.
This is a unique opportunity to work on one of Siemens most high-profile fleets and we will offer an excellent training package to help you develop your knowledge and skills.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Provide technical support for the maintenance team on site and at incidents off depot.
- With minimal supervision investigate rolling stock casualties undertake maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
- Regularly monitor train defects and failures in traffic and liaise with the customer.
- Mitigating the risk of in-service failures through proactive intervention.
- Download and process train diagnostic data, undertake fault finding to an advanced level.
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation.
- Live closure of work reports within CMMS system.
- Act as Siemens representative on shift, providing technical support to the Operator's maintenance staff.
- Assist other team members, both Siemens and customer, with the development of technical skills by acting as a mentor.
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise.
- As required, attend off-depot meetings to support technical Investigations and resolution.
- Liaise with all Siemens departments, where required, to support the delivery of the contract.
- If required, deputise for line manager.
- Undertake stores and materials support during periods of downtime or absence.
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety
- Incidents / Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner.
- As required, respond to trends in unit defects and make recommendations on possible mitigations and counter measure.
- Undertake audits of customer's maintenance practices to ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with the relevant standards.
- Undertake performance analysis duties during periods of downtime or absence (site specific).
- Siemens has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and as an employee in Siemens.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- In depth knowledge of Rolling Stock systems / procedures including schematics, fault finding techniques and download analysis
- Engineering experience in the Rolling Stock sector
- Relevant engineering qualification and experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to fault-find using a number of different methods including diagnostic software
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Ability to produce detailed analytical technical reports
- Good communication skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 101684
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time