Software Configuration Specialist
Siemens is looking for a Software Configuration Specialist, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. She / he will be responsible for the Configuration activities of all the software packages of the R&D for Building Automation.
The Configuration Specialist operates inside the global R&D DMS Competence Center located in Milano. She / he is responsible of the coordination, planning and execution activities, to release periodically the SW packages for integration tests, system tests and final releases. For the international SW packages, the activities are done in collaboration with foreign sites located in North America (US), Switzerland and in India.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you manage in the short term?
· Plan and execute all the Configuration activities for all the SW packages managed in the Milano R&D
· Coordinate the Configuration activities with: North America (US), Switzerland and India
· As responsible, report the Configuration activities status to the respective Project Leader
· Coordinate the Configuration activities cooperating directly with developers and testers during the integration and the system test phases
· Support and cooperate with the Automation Test team, capability to execute and control the V2 tests
And what about the medium-long term?
· According to your capability to growth, you should have the possibility of assuming a major role in the Milano R&D DMS Competence Center
· According to your capability level, you should select, coach and develop a younger CM, with the goal to build up an appropriate back-up
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
· Passionate to manage all the issues related to the Configuration activities
· Bachelor's / Three Years Master's Degree in Informatic Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering,
· Soft skills: good willing and open to learn, quick learning, capability to work in team, capability to work on targets, entrepreneurship and autonomy, well performing under pressure conditions
· Capability to install and uninstall: PCs, OS and SW packages
· Capability to install and configure the Build Machines, welcome NK8000 build procedure execution knowledges
· Microsoft Office knowledge (Word, Excel etc.)
· Welcome the Visual Basic and Visual Studio knowledge
· Basic concept and experience in the Automation Test field, capability to execute the V2 tests
· Development tools knowledge: Jazz, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Source Safe, Cruise Control
· Skilled in the SW build management activities, with the appropriate precision and attention to the details
· Experience in the Agile development processes: Agile, Scrum, SAFe
· Capability to coordinate with foreign sites (i.e. US and India)
· Attend meetings / conferences with foreign colleagues according to their time zones: East North America (US) and India
· Very good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken (fluent level)
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
· Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
· Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
· Meal totally paid by the company;
· Personal Computer and Smartphone
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being
transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications
and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions you can contact:
Via Vipiteno, 4 Milan
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Job ID: 101724
Organization: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time