Subsea Power Development Engineer
Siemens Subsea is developing and delivering subsea power, distribution and sensing products and systems to the global subsea industry. The unit is a segment headquartered in Oslo, Norway. We place a strong emphasis on the complete value chain from pre-engineering to long term operational support. We are developing components that will form a complete subsea power grid system allowing large scale subsea distribution of power to multiple consumers. We also have supporting technologies like pipeline heating systems for flow assurance and Subsea Hydraulic power units. In addition we offer a word class range of power and electrical and fiber connectors, sensors and advanced monitoring solutions as well as a wide range of subsea distribution products including EFL’s and HFL’s. Siemens Subsea has locations in Norway, US, UK, Brazil, Angola and Malaysia. Subsea System provides customer-specific subsea systems and solutions for subsea applications within: Subsea Power and Subsea Controls. The Product Development and Management department is responsible for executing development and maintenance of all Subsea products/systems at all stages of the product lifecycle.
We are seeking:
Subsea Power Development Engineer
The Subsea Power Development Engineer will work in the Product Development and Management department within Subsea Systems organization.
Areas of Responsibility
- Product development of subsea power equipment and components, like Subsea Variable Speed Drives and Subsea Switchgears.
- Planning, execution and reporting of qualification tests and production tests for subsea equipment and its subcomponents.
- Perform studies to evaluate specific customer requirements or new features for subsea equipment.
- Support to procurement and production activities for new subsea equipment.
Some travel activity may be required to visit domestic and international customer sites as well as offshore facilities from time to time.
- Master or PhD in Power Electronics, MV/HV Power Systems or other relevant areas.
- Experience with motor drives and converters, preferably in subsea / oil & gas business.
- Experience in planning and performing tests for electrical components.
- Experience with selectivity and protections studies on medium voltage systems.
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Good capability to collaborate with international teams and different company cultures.
- Proven ability and capability to work in a development-oriented environment with strong focus on client requirements.
Why join us
In Siemens Subsea you will work in the most exciting technical field in subsea industry. You will be part of designing, building, qualifying and commercializing the Siemens Subsea Power Grid that will power large scale subsea processing projects down to 3000 m water depth. The solutions being developed has been identified by the industry as the key enabling technology for fulfilling the subsea factory vision.
A development position within Subsea electrical systems, working with state of the art equipment in this field. You will be a part of a high competence environment and culture, which are in front of a new technology that will radically change the way of thinking in the Oil and Gas industry.
Application deadline: Sunday 24th of March 2019
We use background check in our recruitment process.
Contact person: Eduardo Pimentel Silvestrow, Group Manager for Subsea Power Development phone +47 913 077 43
Job ID: 101989
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time