LGT Auxiliary Mechanical System Engineer - Customer order Engineer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As part of the Gas Turbine Engineering project management office, the candidate is expected to provide global project management for planning, execution and monitoring of R&D projects/programs.
- • Preparation of RFQ documents for noise enclosures, Air Intake Systems, Diffuser, Fire Fighting system.
- • Coordination with Client, Project Management, Lead Engineer, Purchasing, Vendors and engineering departments, Project management support.
- • Checking the vendor bids and providing Clarifications, technical vender negotiations.
- • Vendor evaluation including risk assessment and support the commercial selection.
- • Checking of vendor design and documentation. Supporting the detailed design by vendors for acoustic enclosures, Air Intake Systems, Diffuser, Fire Fighting system, including assembly drawings, detail drawings, O&M manuals
- • Ensuring alignment of the vendors solution with Product Requirements specification and customer needs & interface clarification
- • Support purchasing to find best total cost solutions.
- • Document and drive implementation in SAP PDM.
- • Release and maintain reference documentation in COMOS, Team Centre or related databases
- • Provide field/site support if required
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor/Masters in Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree
• 3 to 10 years of relevant engineering work experience
• Ability to travel globally
• Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
• High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills, Excellent English language skills
• Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
• Solid understanding about the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
• Expertise in design of LGT Auxiliary Mechanical equipment,
• Understanding of Fire Fighting & Suppression system (detection, extinguishing)
• Understanding of painting and welding requirements. Knowledge of Welding requirements and materials for hot components (gas turbine exhaust gas system, heat exchangers)
• Understanding of air filtration and acoustical aspects
• Knowledge of relevant international codes & Standards including environmental legislation, Wind/Seismic codes, NFPA, Hazardous area requirements, HAZOP etc
• Knowledge of mechanical design of enclosures and its fabrication including time schedule.
• Design/system design for heat exchangers
• Basic knowledge electrical engineering/instruments & control
• Expertise in documentation – SAP PDM
• Expertise in project engineering – Primavera time scheduling
• Expertise in power generation business
• Knowledge of AutoCAD (will be highly appreciated), NX and/or Micro Station
• Knowledge to use COMOS
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 102283
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time