Our organization Power Generation Sales West & Central Africa is responsible to develop the market demand and sales for power generation products and solutions in 23 countries in West- and Central Africa, mainly the French speaking countries in WCA (i.e. without Nigeria and Ghana).
Investments in the energy sector are crucial for the WCA region to develop, and within our operating company Gas and Power we develop thermal power generation projects to support the energy transition in this Sub-Saharan region, ensure the growth in electrification and replace the existing thermal fleet consisting mainly of engines running on the very polluting HFO (heavy fuel oil).
With our Power Generation Sales team we identify suitable projects, support and advise our customers with the technical development in a selective way and, depending on customers preference, we sell Siemens equipment both as product & system supplier to EPC’s or as turnkey solutions provider to IPP’s and Utilities.
As part of our strategy we have opened a HUB in Ivory Coast in 2017 to increase our local presence and we are now looking to hire a Power Generation Sales Engineer to be located in Brussels.
- You will focus on the sales development of the power generation market of West-Africa. You are responsible for the market development, early identification of opportunities (market, industry, customer trends), and opportunity development up to order entry. This is a competitive environment.
- You need a good understanding of the regional needs, to know the relevant market (regional / market segment), the customer industry (e.g. Power Utilities, Oil and Gas), its drivers and challenges, key competitors and the likely future trends.
- You will develop country/customer profiles to set up a go-to-market/channel strategy and identify cross selling opportunities.
- You will build long-term and high trust relationships with customers, especially with the key decision makers and stakeholders but also the local players (governments, ministries, regulatory commissions, managers of our end customers) to identify potential projects.
- You will orient the sales strategy, persuade customer of value proposition, make technical concepts, negotiate complex contracts with multiple parties on customer and Siemens side.
- You prepare and apply a suitable pricing strategy for customer. As from the ‘bid decision’ you will be supported in that by a team of ‘opportunity developers’.
- You will have regular contacts with your power generation sales colleagues, headquarter specialists, colleagues towards the West & Central Africa region.
- You are responsible for project/opportunity data in CRM tool (updates, project categorizations etc), and the forecasting accuracy.
- This position is based in our offices in Huizingen. You will spend 50% of your time in West & Central Africa.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in electro-mechanical engineering or other relevant education
- You have up to 10 years of sales experience in the energy sector, and relevant experience in the acquisition & sales.
- Good technical knowledge of energy conversion, rotating machinery (gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors) and the I&C related to that.
- Strong networking, negotiation and sales skills but also conflict management.
- You are a good listener, can establish the winning strategy within the customers business case, and can convince all stakeholders (internal and external) of the value add of our specific solution
- You speak French, Dutch and English. Knowledge of local African languages or German is a plus.
What can SIEMENS offer you?
We give you the opportunity to further develop your talents in an international environment.
In addition, we offer a varied job with a broad range of tasks and responsibilities, plus in-depth in-house training to further enhance your career. Because we actively promote homeworking and teleworking we also offer alternatives when it comes to mobility. What’s more, we offer attractive remuneration in combination with a number of non-statutory benefits, etc.
Job ID: 102288
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time