Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories. To make difference join our Digitalization and Technology Solutions team based in Bangalore.
What are my responsibilities?
• Open Source code, patent and legal research, constant evaluation of commercial and open source components for ensuring recommendations are up-to-date and reduce potential risks to customers
• Analysis of source code and license texts using data analysis tools (Blackduck, Fossology, Palamida etc), identifying the obligations for the usage of the components, creation of reports summarizing findings, obligations and recommendations and providing support to project teams for addressing software license conditions.
• Review of deliverables, technical documents and reports
• Ensure timely communication and feedback to all project stakeholders.
• Work closely with project management, architects for open source scanning / license clearing requirements.
• Regular reporting both to line management as well as to customer on status and escalation on risks, issues and important information
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• B.E. / B. Tech / MCA/ M. Tech (Computer Science/Electronics & Communication/ Electrical).
• 3-5 years of project experience in development/testing
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience with Black Duck, Palamida and Fossology (alternatively, other license clearing tools)
• Excellent skills on MS Office, PDF, report writing tools
• Licensed texts cognition and variants used in software documents
• Excellent communication skills - written and oral
• Experience communicating/interacting directly with global customers (particularly US and Germany)
• Excellent organizational, analytical skills, and follow-up skills
• Experience with open source community management / moderation / contributions is a plus
Capability to collaborate with responsibility and respect.
• Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
• We are looking forward to getting to know you!
• If you have any questions, just mail to email@example.com
• As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.