Join us on our journey into the future #FutureMakers#Siemens
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda. By making sustainable energy solutions more cost effective, developing new technologies for the future's smart industry and electrifying passenger and freight transport, we make reality of our vision of a sustainable world.
We are looking for a Procurement engineer to Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB in Finspång.
In this role you will have a focus on MGT package development and cost-out activities. As a Procurement engineer for the MGT product line you are working in a cross-functional development team representing the supply chain organization. In this role you take care that the MGT - development team has access to the supplier’s manufacturing know-how as well as the market capacities and capabilities.
Together with other procurement functions as strategic procurement, supplier quality management, and cost value engineering, the procurement engineer develops reliable supply chains supporting lead time, quality and cost-out targets.
You are pro-actively searching for cost-out potential by application of GVS sourcing or design-to-cost measures. During the project you ensure the implementation of the supply chain strategy as well as identified design-to-cost measures. You support the involvement of suppliers by organizing and facilitating workshops / product conventions / supplier concept competitions.
- To be a key contact for engineering and manufacturing into the procurement organization
- To drive and coordinate early supplier involvement / supply chain planning / CVE lever roadmap / ramp-up planning
- To execute with procurement team the procurement strategy within assigned project
- To coordinate and drive procurement activities to reach target costs, target lead time, and capacity requirements
- To ensure reporting of project progress to procurement management
Who are you?
- You have a degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- You have the experience and ability to manage a major cross-functional project, which includes responsibilities such as planning, reporting and problem solving
- You have a technical knowledge of MGT Gas Turbine packages and the processes required to implement design change
- You have good commercial awareness, preferably understanding the productivity and procurement in Siemens
- You are proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint, MS Project knowledge is of advantage
- You have strong communication and moderation skills
- You are fluent in english
Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB offer products and solutions for generating sustainable and resource efficient electricity. Our customers include utilities, independent power producers and companies in the oil and gas industry.
Turn challenges into opportunities
Our energy system is undergoing rapid changes and the world's energy use is steadily increasing.
These challenges require innovative solutions and products that combine both physical and digital technology, which cover the entire energy value chain. Siemens energy portfolio extends from the latest in compressors, turbines and generators to virtual power plants, smart network management and innovative storage solutions. Everything is backed by a comprehensive service offering range and genuine commitment to meeting our customers' individual needs
If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You’ll join 372,000 of the smartest minds all working together to build a better future. See more on Siemens.se
Do not hesitate - apply today via siemens.se/jobb, ref.nr. 102341 and no later than June 17, 2019. The role is permanent and full time and you will be based in Finspång, Sweden. For questions about the role please contact recruiting manager Julian Speiser on tel. +46 (0)122 81967 or for questions about the recruitment process contact Malin Tallberg on +46 (0)122 81381.
Trade Union representatives:
Christine Lindström, Unionen, 0122-817 28
Simon Von Eckardstein, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Kenth Gustavsson, IF Metall, 0122-815 25
Job ID: 102341
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time