ICE Application Engineer
Role: ICE Application Engineer
Travel: 25% (Europe)
As part of our continuing growth in Europe, we are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated candidates to fill a vacancy for an ICE Application Engineer in our London office. In this position, you will be working with our engineering tools and customers to help simulate and design reciprocating internal combustion engine systems. You will be involved with current and future engine physics and modeling, and you will have the opportunity to travel to and directly engage with many different customers who will look to you for your engineering knowledge and skills.
Your tasks will include:
- Provide expert support for reciprocating engine CFD simulation using our es-ice and STAR-CD specialty software and our general purpose tool, STAR-CCM+
- Test and benchmark the engine simulation software to validate new functionality and support sales opportunities
- Perform simulations using the software to support service engagements
- Travel to customers in Western Europe would be required to provide onsite assistance to a variety of reciprocating engine manufacturers and service providers
Desired profile :
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 1 year of experience as an Engineer, Engineering Researcher or Engineering Research Assistant.
- PhdD Students and graduates with strong background in the above disciplines are welcome to apply
- Knowledge of es-ice and STAR-CD is strongly preferred
- Good communication skills and an interest in working with end users of the software
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 102379
Organization: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time