Data Scientist Controlling (m/f/diverse)
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- As a Data Scientist Controlling for the “Commercial Finance” (COF) business you generate insights and recommendations through data analysis, reports and visualization based on business requirements from local and global COF management.
- You drive the inclusion of advanced data analytics into the closing and forecasting process.
- You automate existing reports and reporting processes across various systems and hierarchies utilizing your knowledge about systems, data bases and programming.
- You contribute to the improvement and maintenance of a Business Intelligence platform, advocating COF Business Controlling requirements.
- You analyze the closing and forecast data of one COF Region, prepare the information for management and support the colleagues in the COF countries in their closing and forecast process. This activity will drive your business understanding and facilitate the above-mentioned activities.
- You graduated successfully from university with a master’s degree in (financial) computer science, (financial) mathematics, physics, economics (with major in computer science) or equivalent.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in the domain of data modeling, data discovery or data mining/ analytics.
- You have a strong quantitative background and interest in data-driven work
- You have advanced knowledge in working with data warehouses, SQL, visualization techniques and software (e.g. Tableau) and know at least one further programming language such as python or R.
- You are comfortable in acting on your own initiative and you have strong analytical capacities as well as a result orientated approach.
- You are interested to apply your knowhow in a management reporting, controlling and accounting setting.
- Ideally you have experience in the finance and leasing business.
- Fluent English is a must, German skills would be beneficial.
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Klaus Lensch.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 102415
Organization: Financial Services
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time