Application Support Engineer Senior
As an Senior Application Engineer you will be in charge of supporting our customers and partners across multiple industry sectors such as Aerospace, Automotive, Energy and Heavy Industry in using Simcenter3D & Nastran. You will be directly responsible for helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of using our solutions providing a personalized, dedicated service to them ensuring their continued success in using our simulation products.
What are YOUR Responsibilities?
1. Customer Engagement & Relationship Management
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with external customers. Be recognized as trusted advisor by customers through establishing and maintaining effective relationships. Build new relationships through networking within the customer and other involved parties to support effective use and increased consumption of our products.
• Engage with existing customers of software and prospects to understand their needs and high level requirements in our solutions.
• Speak with authority on our customer's business issues, and how PL software and hardware can improve their business.
2. Solution Delivery
• Communicates with customers on a periodic basis to ensure adoption and drive expansion of existing solutions. Communication may include on-site visits or electronic communication by way of the support center, screen share applications, phone, and e-mail. Frequency of visits and other communication will depend on customer support level as determined with sales team.
• During on-site visits, organize at-desk support sessions, general information presentations.
• Record visit details and summarize in trip report to be sent to internal sales and engineering teams.
• Deliver basic, advanced and custom training in Simcenter3D & Nastran using standard training material.
• Participate in the planning and delivery of User Acceptance Testing activities in order to confirm requirements have been met with the proposed solution
• Provide advice and strategies for appropriate go live and post production adoption activities utilizing SPLM Best Practices
• Assist in post-implementation continuous-improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality. (New features use. Facilitate process improvements for customers via support, or recommend ES or custom training. Understand and Convey product development needs to Development team)
3. Technical Support
• Provide support for basic, intermediate and advanced support queries in Simcenter3D & Nastran
• Independently Interact with product development on product related issues that are impacting the performance of the customers’ solution, registering and tracking customer specific bug reports where appropriate
• May act as account champion for specific named projects.
4. Knowledge Sharing/Reuse and Practice Participation
• Acts as application Lead for specific specialist area (Application Lead Expectations: First line of communication for all AE’s for their application areas)
• Work with local community to ensure engagements are well scoped and modelling approach is wall planned. Identify community member to supervise and advice through project as needed.
• Take ownership of major activities & opportunities in assigned accounts or applications (e.g. Tech Discussions, major benchmarks and evaluations)
• Actively help troubleshoot problems - taking ownership of cases if needed - working with Tech Specialists for case escalation.
• Share experiences with the community and ensure best practices developed and lessons learned are communicated to stakeholders in the global community if groups not aligned with a tech specialist.
• Coordinate with other region leads to create and maintain set of Best Practices and Validation cases.
• Maintain an understanding of latest technical and industry trends, transfer knowledge into innovative solution practices.
• Keep up to date with Best Practices and methods within own area of specialism, and apply these in everyday role.
• Support the organizational culture, values and reputation in company markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
• Willing and able to travel to appropriate work locations, as required by SISW or specified by the customer pursuit/project.
• Willing and available to work the core hours required by SISW or specified by the customer project, respecting local country (Korea) legislation and company policies.
• Record expenses in an accurate and timely manner
• Uphold the professional integrity of Siemens at all times
• Upholds and enforces Siemens compliance guidelines at all times
• Adhere to all Siemens Health and Safety policies
• Adhere to, and promote all core internal and customer processes relating to the effective undertaking of the role
• Ensure that all communication channels within the business are adhered to.
• Provide input, where appropriate to team meetings.
• Undertake any business administration in line with job activity
• Undertake any other duties required by the company.
· • The Simcenter Customer Support team puts customers at the center of our work. As such we are looking for talented engineers who are comfortable in a customer facing role & excited by the prospect of engaging with companies across a wide variety of industries.
· • Mechanical Engineering Master’s Degree or PhD
· • At least 7 years experiences in similar position and/or in the field of 3D Structure
· • Industrial experiences in manufacturing company is plus
· • Technical knowledge:
o Understanding of physics of Auto / Mechanical industries systems
o Simcenter3D Structure, NX Nastran or equivalent software (MSC Nastran)
o Simcenter3D Motion, NX Motion, Virtual.Lab Motion or equivalent software (Adams, Recurdyn) is an advantage
· • Good communication to both internal and external stakeholders
· • Excellent team player
· • Excellent communication in English (written and oral).• The candidate must be dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and autonomous.
Job ID: 102434
Organization: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time