Purpose of the Role:
An experienced (PreSales) Application Engineer is required to join the Siemens Industry Software technical team to provide support to prospects and customers.
This position is specifically focussed on the Siemens / STS/Mechanical Analysis (Mentor) Portfolio, which enables companies to simulate and test their designs using CAD-embedded CFD-software (1D&3D) and thermal characterization hardware systems.
The role involves capturing customer needs and translating them into compelling product demonstrations that show the value of our powerful solutions for the CAx/CFD/Electronics Cooling and Semiconductor markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role will require the delivery of expertise in several of the following applications: FloEFD, FloTHERM, FloMASTER, Infolytica & MicReD portfolio. Customers are located in EMEA.
The position calls for the following:
- Demonstrating our software & hardware and add-on modules
- Participate in Marketing activities
- Conduct benchmarks with an agreed evaluation plan
- Operate and install proprietary software on various operating systems
- Interact with customers & prospects on a self-reliant professional level
- Provide technical feedback to Management with regards to product planning for all STS/Mechanical Analysis Division products.
- Provide the necessary support of any software evaluation with an agreed evaluation plan
- Visit customers & prospects onsite
- Develop software implementation plans
Qualifications, Accreditations & Knowledge
- Master degree/or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field with coursework or concentration in the fields of fluid- and thermo dynamics and/or electro-magnetics.
- Sales oriented self-starter with driver capabilities.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- High level of customer service skills including the ability to deal with customers by telephone.
- Ability to communicate on different levels within the account organizations with sensitiveness for customer needs.
- Strong ability to identify opportunities, suggest and follow-up on them.
- Native French speaker with very good English skills, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel on a regular base (around 50%).
- Minimum 2 years or more working experience in related industry.
- Experience with CAE software products, such as CFD, FEA, preferably FloEFD, FloTHERM and FloMASTER. Experience in other commercial CFD codes helpful.
- Experience with Mechanical CAD products (preferably CREO, CATIA V5, Siemens NX, SolidEdge or Solidworks).
- Experience of working within any of these sectors an advantage: Aerospace and Defence, Automotive and Transportation.
- You feel comfortable in all levels in a company you talk to project and department leaders as well as to the executives and C-Level.
- Self-supporting, able to work without supervision, & travel away for short periods
- Proven ability to solve problems in difficult situations
Competences and Personal Attributes
- Able to travel, up to 50% of your time, throughout EMEA & and communicate effectively with multiple nationalities and cultures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High level of initiative, teamwork, flexibility, willing to learn
- Able to deliver compelling, well-structured, value-based demonstrations
- Good consultative inter-personal style of communication
- Strong focus on increased penetration and market share at targeted accounts Ability to quickly understand and assess customer needs
- Ability to speak more than one European language desirable
- Good team collaborator with a positive outlook
Job ID: 102572
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time