PhD (m/f/diverse) - Technology Field "Software and Systems Innovation"
Job ID: 102648
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Mode of Employment: Limited
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
With its 7,000 employees, Siemens Corporate Technology (CT) works hand in hand with the company’s business units to ensure Siemens’ future. CT conducts research with internal and external partners, including leading universities and promising start-ups. These collaborative endeavors focus on a wide range of future technologies with a view to securing them with patents and supporting them through commercialization. CT also provides development services for Siemens’ business units and supports them with methods and tools related to business excellence.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The application of model-based approaches for software and system architecture development in industrial contexts faces particular challenges. Introducing general purpose languages like UML or SysML often fails due to lack of user experience, bad usability of tools and a lack of user acceptance due to missing domain specific needs. DSLs (Domain Specific Languages) could be facilitated to solve these challenges, but the definition, creation and maintenance of DSLs is a task that can only be performed by experts and typically requires a huge investment in time and money.
- Your goal is to improve this situation by researching ways for efficient engineering of graphical software and system architecture DSLs:
- Analyze industrial application scenarios for graphical software and system architecture modeling
- Identify commonalities between the scenarios to identify key challenges that DSLs have to solve
- Identify possible "DSL building blocks" (re-usable DSL parts that can solve the key challenges)
- Create the identified "DSL Building blocks" using a modeling tool like MagicDraw
- Valuate the applicability of the "DSL building blocks"
- The definite research topic will be identified in joint cooperation with you
- Afterwards there might be the option for a full-time employment
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- Your ticket to us is a university degree in computer science, information technology, or a related subject
- Show us your knowledge and interest in model-based architecture development, like object-oriented analysis, design, and programming, architectural concepts, model-driven development (UML, SysML), DSLs (Domain-Specific Languages)
- You shine with your programming experience, ideally in Java
- Furthermore, you have critical and creative thinking, analytical skills, ability and willingness to learn, self-discipline, communication skills and independent working
- So, what are you waiting for? Show us your fluent English and German skills and apply now!
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (09131) 17 – 1717
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
The contact person handling this job ad is Ms. Nicole Schwippl.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 102648
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Part-time