Electrical System Engineer for LV System MGT
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Research & Development
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As part of the Gas Turbine Engineering project management office, the candidate is expected to provide global project management for planning, execution and monitoring of R&D projects/programs.
• Maintenance and new development of Electrical Design of LV Systems including UPS, Batteries, Frequency Convertors, Motor Drives, Transformers, Motors & Switchgears
• This includes detail design including calculations & preparation of specifications.
• Be part of the global platform team for Electrical system and drive harmonization and portfolio improvements
• Request and challenge requirements from your interfaces
• Adapt concepts and designs to fulfill requirements (Either from customers or new/revised GTs)
• Release and maintain reference documentation in related databases and software’s.
• Drive design to cost measures
• Outsourcing of design and drafting tasks to external engineering services
• Qualify new suppliers for Electrical components
• Participate in Design Reviews, Tests of prototypes and write test- and design verification reports
• Provide Root Cause Analysis and failure mode analysis reports
• Provide Field/site support
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or other comparable degree
• 3 to 10 years of engineering work experience
• 2 years in the related work
• Ability to travel globally
• Advanced expertise in international electrical and explosion protection codes & standards
• Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
• High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
• Entrepreneurial thinking
• Solid understanding about the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Expertise in power generation business, particularly detail design of LV Systems including UPS, Batteries, Frequency Convertors, Motor Drives, Transformers, Motors & Switchgears
• Working in intelligent databases for preparation of wiring loop diagrams using Comos & EPLAN
• Expertise in R&D or project engineering management
• Solid experience with working in a global team
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 102783
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time