Project Accountant - 10 months FTC
Siemens are recruiting an enthusiastic Project Accountant to support our Finance & Commercial Manager and project management team to provide Commercial, financial & administrative controls and to provide timely & accurate information in order to ensure that Commercial project activities & Corporate Governance requirements are fully met.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analysis & reporting of actual financial results together with variance analysis against rolling forecasts.
- Ensure all month end period closing activities are carried out involving utilisation of SAP system.
- Supporting the Project Managers and undertaking full commercial responsibility for all projects.
- Undertake reviews e.g. project costs, forecasts, Balance Sheet etc
- Tracking & Highlighting of financial variances to business area management in a timely manner.
- Supporting the collation of month end / monthly data for audit purposes (E&Y & RIC) and providing details of any variance to budget / forecast.
- Provide accurate and timely ad-hoc reports to Management / colleagues as required.
- Ensure financial deadlines are met inline with period-end closing timetables.
- Ensure that Divisional / Departmental guidelines and controls are effectively deployed to optimise results and minimise risks to the Division / Department.
- Ensure that agreed processes are effectively deployed within own area and that potential areas for improvement are highlighted to Management.
- Participate in Departmental/Divisional/Corporate improvement initiatives / Best Practice sharing with emphasis on enhancing quality/productivity as directed by Management.
- Establish and develop relationships with colleagues and internal/external partners such that appropriate commercial/financial input can be made on all issues affecting the business
- Contribute to Departmental / Divisional / Corporate events as required e.g. Workshops, Seminars & Training Courses.
- Monthly preparation of data for financial KPI’s.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Part Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA) or equivalent
- Business / Accounting degree preferred
- Logical and analytical approach
- SAP experience desirable
- Good organisational skills, managing and prioritising own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good IT skills, experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of accounting techniques and skills associated with reporting / controlling.
- Good communication / interpersonal skills
- Be self motivated, flexible and have the ability to work under pressure to deadlines in a small team.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 102882
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time